Chapter 1: The Morning Dew

I was thirteen now, and I was long over that lie. Life had gone pretty smoothly after my dad had died. Started going to school, met some friends. One of which her little sister was in a tragic accident, just like my father.
I lived a very comfortable lifestyle and nothing bad ever happened. But on the day November 9, 1938, that all changed.
It was the day that it all started. When everybody's lives where changed forever and never to be returned the way they used to be.

      I had purposely woke up early so that I could go outside and enjoy the morning sun. This wasn't what many kids in my class would do; always in a rush and not enjoying the opportunity of life like life itself intended.
      The crisp autumn air filled my nostrils as I walked slowly along the path leading through the Emerald Wood. The morning dew glinted off of a small branch as the sun rose up farther and farther, and filled the world with light. The large oak tree in the center of the wood always soothed my problems, made me feel joy when others would not. A small scrubby bush hid a nest of flowers, approaching the sunlight in search of a bumblebee to fulfill pollination.
      The sound of highway cars filled the air, being dented from my ears thanks to the unselfish trees who surrounded me, in search of the quiet that I wished for as well.
      Soon I would have to leave the grove of oaks, the nests of flowers, and the wood itself that held my eternal love.
      The bus was approaching my house soon, so I started to head back. The turtle doves sang their last song, the trees swayed their last branches, and the morning dew became fainter as the sun rose up farther and farther, as it appeared over the horizon for the last time before it happened.

Everyone always said my grandfather was a caring, loving, and thoughtful man. It was said he bought this wood for my family to enjoy and love even more than he had.
His name was Graham, and he lived to the age of seventy four; thirty of which he spent living in a small cabin, that was destroyed just four years ago, two years before he passed.
He spent the final two years of his life creating a beautiful garden where the small cabin used to lay. And in the final two years of his life, the two years he spent creating that garden, he always told my family and me that he wanted to be buried in the center of his garden, all by himself. His wish was granted.
I never got to see my grandfather, but my distant relatives have always told me that Graham and Corey were the only normal ones in that family.

As the morning went on, the morning dew gently waisted away as the sun grew high up in the mountains. The warm afternoon sun took over the world as the children wait eagerly at their dirty and broken down desks; waiting for the school day to end and waiting for the weekend to begin.
      But the children were wrong, they should not want the weekend to start. For what the weekend holds will make the small children begging for the brudle weekend to come to a halt.
      The school day eventually came to an end, and the midpoint of the sun was over, it was starting to go down. When the sun goes down, so do the children.
      In their sleep the children smile of happy dreams, but tomorrow it had finally arrived, and after tomorrow the children will never once smile again.

Chapter 2 has been released. It was released on October 18, 2015.