Chapter 2

The elevator dinged as a cute little brunette with twin braids skipped out and towards another door. Stepping inside, there was a long wall with lockers arranged by number. Ah, the post office.

With a rattle from getting the keys from her purse, and a click, the door marked "Natalia Williams" opened. She went through her mail, but something caught her eye.

A letter with the seal of the royals, is what made her close her mail box and dart back into the elevator.

Back in the safety of her home, she ripped open the envelope, not really caring about the safety of the seal. Opening the letter, in pretty cursive, it said:

"Our dear daughter, Princess Scarlett, is in need of your help. She has gone missing and was last seen in our village. We are desperate to find her!"
In the envelope was also a picture. Natalia hesitantly picked it up, staring.

A young lady her age was sitting on a chair, arms crossed. It looked like she'd cut her hair herself, which had been dyed purple and black. Natalia's eyes fell onto the princess's own eyes, which seemed surprisingly emotionless, rimmed with black eyeliner. Her lips were curled into a frown, sporting – surprise – black lipstick. Scarlett's skin was slightly tanned, and she wore a crimson dress.

Natalia blushed slightly. It was her job to save – her?! Natalia had never known there was a monarchy somewhere near. Whatever, she knew exactly who she had to visit.

Natalia knocked on Marina's door. A small girl opened it, and smiled slightly at the sight of her bubbly, bouncy friend. Marina held the door open for Natalia, who stepped inside, not as eager as always.

Natalia sat down on Marina's loveseat as her tinier friend sat down next to her, picking up a cup of green tea. While Marina sipped it slowly,Natalia rummaged through her purse to find the letter.