Chapter 1

It hurts to open my eyes, my head is pounding, and it's way too bright. Last I checked it was... it was... I don't remember. In fact, I don't remember anything. I look around to take in my surroundings, all I see are trees, the leaves are green so I can obliterate the option that it's fall, winter, or early spring. There are traces of sunlight peeking onto the wet grass. I look down to see what I'm wearing. Curtains of long black hair, I assume that's mine cascades of shoulders I also assume that's mine. I'm wearing a hoodie that has the words 'sleeping with sirens' and has the same symbol covering the whole inside of the hood. I'm also wearing black skinny jeans. I check the front and back pockets of my jeans and the pocket on my hoodie, nothing.

  I get up and look around again, I hear leaves rustling, birds chirping, and a few chipmunks running around on branches. I start walking and a few minutes while walking a walnut hits the top of my head

  "Ow! Watch where you're dropping your food!" I yell at the chipmunk that dropped the nut on me.

  I continue walking and I'm now getting bored if walking, I've started counting minutes and seconds. So far I've counted twenty-two minutes and thirty-six seconds. I'm tired of counting, walking, and not being able to remember anything.

  I've been walking for hours now. I think I see something, more importantly... someone in the distance. I run over to the object or person, it's a person! I've finally found someone who will help me! The person is lying down; she looks to be in her mid twenties. Her hair is a very light shade of brown and has fair skin. She's wearing a black t-shirt, black leggings, and the same shoes as me, combat boots. I tap her shoulder and she jumps.

  "You shouldn't be here." She whispered "You need to hide."

  "Excuse me?" I respond, clearly confused.

  "You shouldn't be here." She said talking calmly and at the level I was talking at.

  "YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, "NO ONE LISTENS TO ME! EVERYONE DIES IN THE END! EVERYONE GETS MURDERED!" Instead of running like most people would I sit down right next to her.

  "Hi, I don't know my name. I just woke up up here a few hours ago and I don't remember anything." I wave and cross my legs and lean back on my hands.

  "Uh... hi, I usually scare everyone off with that act. sorry about that." She apologized.

  "Nah it's fine. Do you know where we are?" I question.

  "I don't, I woke up here a weeks ago." she explained "My name's Rylee. By the way, nice accent."

  "What?" I was now confused.

  "You don't know?" Rylee replied.

  "Know what?" I say.

  "Does my voice sound weird to you?" She asked what a weird question.

  "Yea, why?" I question.

  "I'm to going to guess you're from the United Kingdom." She declares proudly.

  "I know that." I state.

  "Then why are you in America?" She accused.

  "I'm not; we're in the U.K. right now, right?" I argue.

  "No." She retorted, "We're in the United States."

  I sigh in defeat "I don't have any memories, why?"

  "Everyone I've met has lost their memory, I haven't. It's all because of them." She explains.

  I tilt my head to the side, "Who?"