Hippo at the beach

I sat at the beach with my family, completely content.

"Ah yes, the beach." I said to my mother.

"Son, put sunscreen on! You'll get sunburnt!"

I sighed, then suddenly felt a sharp pain in my thigh.

"Ouch! The heck was that?!" I yelled, and looked over to see something completely ludicrous.

Is that....

"A HIPPO?" I screamed, and tried to shoo it away. It seemed to get more aggressive, so I jumped up from the sand, and ran to the water, in hopes of losing it behind. I mean, hippos can't swim. That's stupid.

I ran into the water, swimming as fast as I could. But as I looked over my shoulder, I saw the hippo following me, swimming though the water with massive power.

"Are you kidding me?!" I yelled, getting water in my mouth. "You can swim?!"

I saw a paddle boat, and recognized it as my best friend joeys. I swam towards it, yelling.

"JOEY! HELP!" I screamed out. You keeled over at me.

"DAVE? WHAT ARE YOU DO- is that a hippo?" He said.

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE, AN ELEPHANT?! YES ITS A HIPPO! HELP!" I yelled at him. I got to his boat, muscles burning from the swim. He helped drag me in the small boat, and we used our hands to paddle backwards, away from the hippo. We barley stayed away from it, paddling with all our might. We eventually ended up looping back around and back to the beach.

"THANKS MAN!" I yelled, and hopped out of the boat, running through the sand, jumping over people sunbathing. I saw the parking area, and ran quickly towards our car. I hopped in and let out a breath, before I realized my older sister was in the drivers side.

"Dave? What's are you doing?" She asked.

"What are you doing? We are at a beach and you are hiding in here?" I told her. She shrugged.

That's what I heard the hippos heavy footsteps, and realized my window was partially rolled down. I quickly rolled it up, just it time because the hippo was trying to kick my through the open window. It's back feet bounced off the glass, and it went to my sisters side. I saw that her window was rolled down too.

"Roll up your window! Quick!" I yelled.

"Why? You're such a freak." She scoffed. Just then, the hippo kicked its feet through the window, and I grabbed my sisters hair, pulling her head away just before the hippos feet came through. I just barely saved her from getting her head kicked.

"AHH! WHATS HAPPENING?! DAVE WHY IS THERE A HIPPO TRYING TO KICK MY HEAD!" She yelled in shock and terror. I tried to roll up her window, but the hippos feet were stuck in it. As soon as it's feet left the window, I rolled it up, panting and shaking from the events.

That's when my mom woke me up.

Btw, I wasn't actually even in this dream. The main guy is a...uh, guy. I'm a chick, so...

Yes, I know it doesn't make sense, but it's a dream.

Ah yes, what a cheerful dream.

Thanks guys!!! Please click vote, just cause c:

Xoxoxo!!

-Eva.

Ps, may you never get attacked by hippos at the beach.