⋭last

⋭LAST
(ps. play video while reading is recommended)

I wipe away the sweat that is forming on my forehead rapidly. Letting out a sigh, I look at the pile of boxes neatly beside the door side. Should've believe when mom told me unpacking is tiring.

Plopping down on the sofa, a vintage colored photo album on the coffee table which looks awfully familiar caught my eye. I remember not seeing this around my house though. Unable to recall the memories, I grab the album and open the first page.

MEMORIES OF ME AND HIM :)

I chuckle as I see the title. It seems to be my writing but I can't really seem to remember that I have written this. A smile tug on my lips when I see what is on the next page.

FIRST DATE!

The picture shows that a man and me are pinching each other noses while having a fit of laughter. The location is in a park and behind us, there are children chasing each other. My head hurts a little when I try to remember who this man is, which I am guessing is my ex since it says here that its my first date.

Turning onto the next page, a different vibe of picture shows.

STAR GAZING

Bright stars lighting up in the sky while a shooting star passing over is shown on the picture. Turning onto the next page, a picture of me and this mysterious guy are wearing winter clothes and we are obviously at Japan since Fuji Mountain is the background.

TRIP TO FUJI MOUNTAIN

A laugh escape my mouth when I turn to the next page.

PUPPY FRENZY

A photo of the two of us and a cute puppy is shown. The puppy is apparently licking the man beside me while I am laughing and happiness is shown all over my face.

COUPLE GAMES

The next page have a photo of the man in all these pictures, again. The pain in my head seems to be more severe but I push away the feeling, ignoring the pain.

The picture shows me and the man having a pepero stick which the both of us are biting. The crowd below us all looks like cheering the two of us because some are having a cheering gesture while some are clapping. Then, I turn to the next page with full curiosity.

WEDDING PROPOSAL

I gasp when I turn to the next page. The man is having his arms around my waist in this picture. Us two are wearing semi formal wears and the background shows that the two of us are at the beach during the sun is setting.

I squinted my eyes and realized that there are couple rings on each of our ring finger. Well, that explains the caption. Turning onto the next page, I bite my lips nervously.

BREAKUP

Several beer bottles are scattered on the floor on the picture. I quickly turn to the next page and something just caught between my breath when I saw the picture.

CARVED

A picture of my arm is shown on the photo, a bloody arm to be exact. A bloody cutting on my arm is written in bold letters- KIM MINGYU. I flinch when I saw the name; the headache is getting worse but my heart urges me to keep on till the end of the album.

LIES

The photo shows the back of a man whom have his arms around two woman's waist. It shows that the scene takes place at an alley since there are rubbish all over while the road is a bit narrow and the lighting is not clear since the streetlights are yellowish.

The pounding in my head increase the moment I turn to the next page.

WORTHLESS

The picture shows a message box with another person named- betrayer. The message only contains one message which 'betrayer' sent at the time 3:04 am. It writes "Bitch we are over so stop pestering me!".

I didn't realize that I am crying until a tear drop onto the photo at the last page of the album.

This page don't have any captions. Instead, it have a photo of the man which I assume is Mingyu and me on it. The photo shows the two of us are deeply in love with each other while sharing a deep kiss; a kiss which seems like the two of us are the only ones in the world.

My hands suddenly felt weak which causes me to drop the album onto the floor. The pain in my head is so painful to the extend that I quickly scurry up from the sofa and rush to the kitchen to get an aspirin. But before I could even open the cupboard, my knees lost the strength to stand.

Tears fall down my cheeks rapidly and that is where flashbacks started to play in my mind.

-

The man in the photo- Kim Mingyu, my ex, my first love, my first of everything. He broke up with me on one typical day for no reason which is absurd. I demanded that I want to know the reason but he simply just push me away. He tried so hard pushing me away from him to the extend that I feel so hurt.

I started to drink, cut myself since then but that didn't stop me from wanting to get back with him at all. I believe that everything have a reason, including our breakup.

I was sober that day; I grabbed the photo album that may change his mind and run to the bar he normally goes to. But while running, I saw his arms around two other woman's waist in an alley, I felt sick and disgusted.

But also, reality hit me hard; everything just concludes that I am not beautiful enough for him. I am just a bitch that don't know anything except being too in love with him. I quickly took a photo with the polaroid camera he gave me and ran for my life.

Why did I took a photo? I have this obsession where I want to record everything about him and me.

I ran and ran while crying until who knows where and sprained my leg due to running recklessly. After a few hours of sitting on the roadside, I get back up to my feet and started to find my way back home. I decided to start afresh, I don't need him to live.

My phone suddenly vibrated. I took out my phone and saw a message from Mingyu. It says "Bitch we are over so stop pestering me!". I laughed and took a photo of the text. The laugh was neither painful nor happy; its just... emotionless. I stick the two pictures into the album before standing up.

While walking back home, a truck in fast speed is driving towards me. I tried to run but the sprained leg didn't help at all. Instead of going faster, I tripped. All I remember is me clutching onto the photo album and bright lights shinning into my eyes; other than that, its all pitch black.

-

I wake up immediately while breathing heavily. The memories playback non stop in my mind and the pounding in my head is still there. I quickly walk to the living room and pick up the album that I previously dropped.

Taking a pen from the coffee table, I hesitated a while before writing something on the last page. After writing, I close the book with a sad smile before putting it on top of the boxes beside the door.

TIMES FOREVER FROZEN STILL

-

an; its my birthday so i decided to write this one shot that i had in my mind for quite some time. ignore the grammar and spelling errors because i am lazy to check heh xx anyways, this is inspired by ed sheeran's photograph obviously. but seriously, i hope you all enjoy this!