1. DeathRow

Aaliyah

I was sitting in a chair waiting outside of Suge Knights office, the "C.E.O." Of Death Row Records. They were looking for a female singer, and I needed to get off my old label. Why not try something new? (Little did I know there are many reasons not.)

I looked up at the giant sign that read Death Row Records. It was in red, and the walk-in was red as well. I sighed. I hope that I'm not going to be here that long. After a few more minutes, a young girl comes running out of Suge's office, crying her eyes out. My eyes popped open in shock: poor girl, man.

"Next!" Suge yelled from inside his office.

I immediately stood to my feet, walking to the door gradually. I put my hand on the doorknob, taking a deep breath to subdue my nerves. Afterward, I swung the door open and walked to the Mahony desk.

When he saw me, a huge smile grew on his face. "Hey, your Aaliyah, the singer right?" He greeted with his hand out.

I took his open hand and shook it. "Yeah, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Knight."

"Same to you, princess. I just want to say that your audition tape was the best yet." He complimented.

"Thank you," I said.

"Well. Welcome to Death Row."

"Thank you so much," I said, cheesing at him.

"Thank you. Come on. I'll take you down there to meet the rest of the Death Row family."

I nodded in agreement. He led the way to these golden elevators and let me on first, then he got on himself and pressed 3.

I felt relief come over my body as the elevators stopped. Suge led the way into a room with a red walk-in; I guess red is the color. Snoop Dogg was sitting on the couch smoking, writing rhymes.

"Snoop!" Suge said.

"What's sup, big Suge." They dapped up. Snoop then turned to me. "Who this?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm Aaliyah. New to Death Row." I told him.

He nodded before taking a puff from his joint. "Snoop, where Pac at?"

"He ain't got here yet."

Suge sucked his teeth. "I'll let him know, though," Snoop said.

Suge took hold of my hand and led me to the couch. I sat down, giving him a small smile as thanks. He dapped up Snoop again, and he and two big other guys left out of the room.

Snoop and I just sat in silence. I looked up at him; he was smiling at the door. I veered my head around and saw the one and only "Tupac Shakur."

"My nigga." Snoop chuckled, dapping Tupac up.

He sat across from me. "Sup nigga." He said, lighting his cigar.

I just sat there awkwardly as the two talked and laughed.

"Oh yeah, Pac, Suge wanted you to meet her," Snoop said, pointing to me.

He looked up into my eyes. He captured my hand and placed his lips on it softly.

"Nice to meet you, beautiful." He spoke.

I blushed hard, "Nice to meet you too, Tupac, sir."

"You don't have to call me sir, baby girl."

"Oh, okay." I nodded.

"She the new girl, dog," Snoop clarified.

"For real?" Pac asked, raising his brow.