Chapter 2: I will not hesitate to kick him in his-

Riley:

"She will know."

"Riley, you're wearing a mask."

I look in the mirror, a brunette 16 year old is staring back at me. Her silver masquerade mask is resting on top of her nose and she has her small shaped lips in the shade of pink.

I turn to look at my friend, anxiously. "She will know." I repeat.

Maya rolls her eyes and shrugs her shoulders. "Riley stop worrying."

"What if she comes back to the store?"

"Farkle is keeping an eye on Missy. If she ever does leave the school then I will find you." She sighs and smiles, resting her hands on my shoulders.

It gives me a calming feel so I take a deep breath.

"Josh is at the store filling in for you."

I tilt my head to the side. "My uncle, Josh?"

"Don't ask me how, but yes." She mutters under her breath.

"Are you and him-" I trail off.

"He's still in my dungeon of sadness with a whole flock of ballerinas."

I smile a little too myself, knowing for a fact that my 19 year old uncle has a thing for my best friend. Why else would he fill in the take my place tonight?

Maybe she's too stubborn to realize it because of everything she's been through, but I can see it.

"Okay, are you ready Princess?" Maya asks.

She's wearing a long, simple red dress along with a white mask. Her blond curls cascade to the back of her waist.

Unlike her, I'm wearing a slightly white puffy dress with my hair straightened.

I love it.

We arrive at our high school, John Quincy Adams, and see students filing inside the premises. Everybody is dressed for the theme, and everybody looks beautiful.

We stand in front of the entrance. I glance at Maya and interlock our arms together.

"Ready to have a great night?"

I nod my head excitingly. "Yes."

We enter along with a few pair of peers. We're walking down the hallway and just around the corner is the dance I've been dying to attend.

     The sound of blaring music meets my ears and immediately I feel an exciting bubble form at the pit of my stomach. I smile widely, making it evident that I was beyond happy.

     Just as we round the corner, I see my other friend, Farkle. Weird name right? But I happen to like and embrace weird.

     He's wearing a tuxedo, but instead of a formal tie he has a bow around his neck. He looks handsome as ever, and he's grinning as he sees Maya and I heading his way.

     "Ladies..." He smoothly says.

     "Farkle." Maya and I say in unison.

     "You both look very beautiful tonight."

     "Not bad Farkle." Maya responds.

     "Shall we start heading inside?" He asks, nodding his head to the door behind him.

     "Yay!" I beam.

    He opens the door, letting Maya and me go inside first.

     It was just like I had imagined but maybe slightly better.