Chapter Twenty-one

Harry sighed, "We don't, there is no way out."

"He's right, princess; smart boy," Eli said, suddenly in the doorway. "I'll be back for you at some point during the night, Callidora; then the fun will begin."

He left the cell, bolting the door shut as he did so. We waited patiently in silence until his footsteps were out of earshot. Had we really been in here for a day?

"Callie?" Harry asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what he's talking about?"

I shook my head and Harry sighed.

"He's going to force you to have sex with him."

"Why?!"

"Well, because of your heritage, there are many things people want from you and that's probably the biggest one."

"What do you mean?"

"I've been holding off on sleeping with you."

"Harry, you're not making any sense."

"Callie, it's a new kind of bond. It makes the man as invincible and superior as you. He'll become the new leader of every vampire in existence and control them all."

"It can happen with anyone?"

"Only if you want it."

"So... I can prevent it?"

"Yeah, but Eli is strong; he can make you want it."

"What if I do it with someone else first?"

"Then he can't get what he wants."

"Okay. So... Can we?"

"Right here?"

"Where else would we go?"

"Do you love me?"

"Wha- yes, you know that."

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

Just as I was about to ask him why, I was tackled to the ground. Harry smiled at me and leaned down, connecting our lips without any hesitation. His hands started to roam my body as our kissing got more and more heated. Our tongues fought in an inevitable battle for dominance. After a whilst, I just let Harry's tongue explore my mouth, giving up on trying to win what I'd obviously lose. We were both breathing heavily as he pulled away.

"He's coming," he said breathlessly.

"What?"

"I can hear him. Don't let him make you want it."

"I only want you, Harry, not anyone else."

"Good."

The footsteps became clearer as Eli neared the basement door. Yes, we were being held captive in a vampire's basement.

Harry didn't know, but I'd made a plan in my head. There was no way on earth that I was giving Eli the slightest bit of a chance at getting what he wanted.

'When he opens the door, run' I thought, transferring it to Harry.

'What?'

'Trust me. Just run.'

Thank God for the mind communication Harry and I had! He agreed to run and I waited in the corner next to the door. Hopefully this plan works out the way I want it to.

As soon as the door opened, I reached out and heard the bones snapping. Eli's body fell to the cement floor with a thud. I shoved him in the cell after making sure Harry had gotten the chance to escape.