1 • Award Encounter

A thrill of excitement rattles throughout my body, as I sit in my limo with my father and some of my glam team, heading towards the AMA's that was taking place tonight. Although I've attended many events these past years, I always experience the same overwhelming feeling I get when I went to my first award show; it's something that I'll never fully adjust to. My career just seemed to skyrocket at an impeccable speed when I was younger, but I still see myself as a normal twenty-year-old woman.

From what my manager, Elise, has told me, Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, and many other big names will be attending tonight, but I'm mostly looking forward to the performance of the one and only, Queen B, Beyoncé! My head is still trying to wrap around the fact that she personally asked me to be in her upcoming visual album for Lemonade, how crazy is that?

I was also informed by Elise that I was given the opportunity to announce the winner for New Artist of the Year, which I'm pretty ecstatic about. I need to remind myself to not forget to get my glasses from Dad, so I can properly read the teleprompter and not embarrass myself on national TV.

"Daya, you ready to slay this red carpet?!" Law exclaimed, snapping me out of my thoughts, hyping me up as usual. My outfit is, of course, styled by him: a white two-piece, consisting of an asymmetrical top with a knot on the side, with matching high-waisted elongated flare pants. I decided to do my own makeup this time, and may I say, I did a pretty damn good job. A pat on the shoulder for me.

"With this outfit, I'm 'bout to slay!" I compliment, posing for Law, displaying that I was more than ready. I felt untouchable, to say the least, and I have him to thank for that.

"Oh girl please, you wear the outfit, the outfit doesn't wear you," Law remarks, winking at me, then turning to conversate with one of my glam team members.

The car comes to a slow halt and I know it's time to enter the red carpet, take a billion pictures, get interviewed by many reporters, and maybe interact with some fans. Hopefully, I run into someone I know while I'm making my way down the carpet.

"Miss Coleman, we have arrived." The limo driver announces and leaves the drivers' side to open the car door, and I'm as eager as a child on Christmas.

"Go get 'em, babygirl!" My father pep talks me, sticking his fist out as a signal to do our father-daughter handshake.

Once we finish, the limo driver opens the door and I am greeted with the familiar blinding flashes from paparazzi cameras and people shouting my name. Dad exits first, then sticks his hand out to help me out the car. Law follows, as for the rest of the glam team, to make sure I don't have a wardrobe malfunction on the carpet, which would totally suck!

Elise is already there, waiting to escort me on where to go on the red carpet. She looks at me with wide eyes and smiles, "Zendaya! You look stunning!"

"Thanks, Elise!" I shout over the many voices, realizing how many people are here already. There were tons of paps, reporters, fans, and big-named celebrities.

"Don't forget to stand up straight and show your pearly whites," Elise instructs, observing me to see if everything looks to her standards before I could make my way to the scene. "Which reminds me... teeth check."

Making the face of some wild animal, Elise checks to make sure there's no trace of lipstick or food stuck between the crevices of my teeth. I appreciate how thorough she is when it comes to me making appearances because without her perfectionist mindset, I'd probably have something embarrassing happen to me and become the new meme or be the talk of Twitter for weeks.

She takes one last overall look before looking at me with a proud grin. "Fantastic! Now you're red carpet ready!"

Heading closer to where all the commotion is, I first spot Rihanna and I'm not shocked by how gorgeous she looks tonight: fabulous as ever and highlighted to the gods. She could literally wear a trash bag and it would be fashionably iconic.