1

I heard it every night.

Those light taps on the outside of my bedroom window waking me up every time that I come close to dream.

I read about this type of thing online a while ago and laughed.

Told the writer it was complete bullshit.

Every chance i got i went online and read about urban legends, myths and the crazy people who claimed that it was true. It was all just for entertainment.

One day, however, this story caught my eye.

**********

I was home alone. On Saturday.

It was raining outside so i couldn't go ride a bike or walk down the street to visit some friends. I had gotten bored of watching TV and playing games by myself so I pulled out my laptop as a last resort.

I decided to search up horror stories to feed the thrill craving that surfaced from lack of entertainment and came across some random website similar to creepypasta.

While exploring this new found masterpiece, I came across a few stories that made me want to roll my eyes at their attempt to make their story seem real to give extra effect.

Out of everything that I read as a preteen up to now, stories had yet to send the legendary chills up my spine or give me nightmares.

When i came across one story with a plain black cover page, i decided to see what it was all about.

I rolled my eyes at the fact that the background was black and the words were a deep red color.

Typical.

I started to read and a chuckle flew past my lips at the most cliche sentences in a horror story.

A warning.

"Don't look whatever you do. If he keeps knocking....let him. But, whatever you do, do not look outside."

I thought about giving up on the story and watching videos on YouTube but something compelled me to keep reading.

***He will tap harder in order to get your attention. He only comes out at night. He will tap over and over. Harder and harder. Don't worry about your window. It wont break. He WILL start to get impatient and start to bang even harder. It will soon sound like bricks being thrown at your window. He will stop after a while. Don't worry. It will feel like hes been there forever. Like he would stop at nothing to get your attention***

I laughed humorlessly.

What kind of stalker is this character that he would go through such lengths to get your attention at night?

The story ended with the word beware stated several times.

As much as i tried to deny it, i couldn't help the chill that ran up my spine or the erected hairs on the back of my neck.

I looked outside and noticed the rain had cleared up.

As I was looking at the information about this article i saw that the story had no views whatsoever. Not even one. Maybe because of no cover. Yeah, no cover.

Despite the paranoia running through my veins, I decided to look more into this topic. There were numerous stories on these experiences and warnings, but, the details were too distinct for me to make up in my mind that anything was true.

At around 2:00 pm i decided to quit my research, make a sandwich and watch TV until my parents got home.

Hours later, at 10:00, my parents still were not at home so i decided to go get ready for bed.