Arranged

Annabeth
   My life was sold to solve a problem. I had wanted to become an architect, but instead of was getting married off to one of my father's enemies to settle a dispute. "Raise your arms up," the tailor said.
    I obliged and she put the strapless dress over my arms. She started fitting the dress to my waist, hips, stomach, and bust. She pulled on the waist tightly. I felt my breath constrict. Pain ebbed into my abdomen and I struggled to not cry out of pain and anxiety.
   I stood there getting my outfit done for about twenty minutes before I was ushered into a chair. Someone started brushing and styling my hair into what I hoped was an elegant hairstyle. The makeup and jewelry came next. Before I knew it, I was done.
I gasped when I saw myself in the mirror; I could barely reckognize myself. My curly blond hair had been put into a half up-do. I was wearing a an emerald-green silk dress that was decorated with flowers of all kinds and hugged my athletic figure. My face was tawny-golden and slightly glowing. My lips were painted a deep crimson and my cheeks were stained a peachy pink. I looked like a glorified Barbie doll- which was basically the opposite of me.
"Are you ready?" the woman who put makeup on me asked.
I nodded even though I wasn't. I didn't want to be married off. I wanted to finish school. I wanted to be an architect- not a child bride. I sighed. Why did I have to grow up so fast?
Another woman came in. She had long brown hair and twinkling blue eyes. She smelled of chocolate and her demeanor radiated kindness. "Are you Annabeth?" she asked.
   I nodded numbly. "I'm Gabe's wife, well, soon to be his first wife," she said.
    I felt my stomach drop. "Look, I didn't want to marry him," I said. "My dad married me off to pay off debts."
   "I know, honey," Sally said. "I'm sorry this has happened to you. I was married off to him when I was younger. No other guy would marry me because I was pregnant with my boyfriend's child."
   I nodded numbly. "Annabeth," Sally said. "Be strong. It won't be easy as a child bride, but don't give up. I have a son your age that you might become friends with and we can help each other. Now, you better get up. The ceremony is about to begin."
   The ceremony was short, but lavish. I walked down a red carpet to see a smelly, old guy in suit that looked ten times better than he did. Do you wish to marry this woman and stay with her?" the person marrying us together asked.
   "I do," Gabe said in a raspy voice that made me want to puke.
    "Do you wish to marry this man?" the guy asked me.
   No, not at all. I didn't want this, but I had to. "I do," I lied.
    "Then, I proclaim you husband and wife," the marriager said. "You may now kiss the bride."
   My stomach convulsed as Gabe kissed me. I wanted to gag as he stuffed his tongue down my throat. I trembled and felt weak. This was so wrong, but I had to fake this. I couldn't doom my family. I was now married.

Piper
   "I'm sorry, Pipes," my dad said,"but the agreement was that they would buy you as a slave and that I would have my debts paid off."
   "Dad, please," I pleaded. "I can do anything else. I can become a servant. I won't complain when we pick up garbage. Please, I just want to be with you."
"Pipes," my dad said," you know that can't happen. I would have married you off, but I can't after the accident."
I bit my lip to try to stop crying. Why did my dad call it the accident? It wasn't my fault. I couldn't stop my dad's former employer, Kronos, from assaulting me. I couldn't stop him because he blackmailed me. He threatened to send my dad to jail if I told him. He threatened to kill him and then me. I had never been so terrified in my life.
I sighed. "Goodbye, dad," I said.
I gave my dad a hug and then walked up to the front door of the lavish house where I would begin my life as a slave. I knocked the door. A boy around my age with blonde hair and blue eyes answered the door. "Are you Piper?" he asked.
I nodded. "Sorry about this," he said awkwardly. "Oh, I'm Jason by the way. My mother has a problem with alcohol and the house is pretty messy. I can show you around first, though."
I nodded and tried to act like a good, obedient girl. I wasn't free anymore. I was the property of someone else and I hated losing my freedom almost as much as I hated saying goodbye to my inattentive dad.