Chapter 3- I'd rather be a ghost

(A/N: Dedicated to peachyrosebud for being one of the first commenters.)

I climbed out of the dumpster and saw Violet helping Lily out of the ground. After getting Lily out from under the ground, the three of us turned to look at the one person who could supposedly see and hear us. He stared back, listening to whoever was on the other line of his phone-like device. After a second, he put it back into his pocket. And kept staring at us. Eventually, it seemed more like he was sizing us up rather than staring out of shock. Subconsciously, I began doing the same.

His hair was an interesting mix of blond and red, both naturally colored, as if he couldn't decide whether he wanted red hair or blond hair, and ended up picking both. His hair fell into his eyes, which were bright green with a mischievous glow to them. He was tall and was wearing jeans and a blue t-shirt with a black jacket over it. His shoes were black sneakers.

Just as I was about to ask who he was, two more people came around the corner, breathless from running. My jaw almost dropped when I saw that one of the people there was the one I had crashed into yesterday. His other friend must have been the one who stopped him from attacking me. Unfortunately, they both recognized me.

"Her? She's the one we were sent to find?" Dalek huffed.
"I guess so," the one with the funny hair said.
"You couldn't have found any other spirit people could you?" Dalek growled.
"C'mon, you can't be that mad at me."
"I'm about to murder you Jordan."

As Dalek chased Jordan around, the third one looked at us. "You'll have to excuse them. They're both idiots."
"Hey!" Jordan stopped running to face his friend. "I am not."
Dalek put him in a choke hold. "Considering the fact that you just stopped running, yes you are."
The third person rolled his eyes. "Put him down Wolf."
Dalek growled and dropped Jordan.

The third person looked back at us. "My name is Bennett, and as you've guessed, this is Jordan and Dalek."
"But," Jordan started, "those are just our earth names. Are real names are Forest, Fox, and Wolf."
Dalek clubbed him across the head. "You weren't supposed to tell them that!"
Jordan rubbed his head and frowned. "But Forest already called you Wolf, so I thought that it was fine to say our real names."

Ignoring his companions again, Bennett- or Forest as I should say- turned back to us. "Like I said, they're idiots."
"Well if you're the non-idiotic one, how about you tell us what's going on because you three are the only ones who have been able to hear and see us all day!" Violet snapped.
"And what do you mean by 'earth names'? Are you not from this planet or something?" I asked.
"And is your name Fox because your hair is red?"

Violet and I looked at Lily who was standing in the center of us.
"What?" She asked.
I shook my head. "Never mind."

Fox grinned. "Well in answer to your questions, yes, we are from a different place. Universe if you want to be exact. We've in fact come to find you guys and take you back home to this universe. You see, since you're not from this universe, after a certain amount of time, this universe will begin to reject you, deleting any trace of you. It's like you never existed. Our task is to find you and take you home. We had to wait until the universe rejected you. We had to wait because you are currently in a sort of passageway between universes. Now that you're like this, we can take you back to our home planet easier, without having to erase you from existence ourselves. Which is a lot of work, trust me. And yes," he winked at Lily, "I am named Fox for my red hair."

"No you're not. You're named Fox because you're supposed to be the clever one of the group who has the skills necessary to break into and out of places and set traps," Forest- Bennett, whatever his name was- said.
"I always thought he was called that because foxes are small and weak and always run away from challenges," Wolf stated.
"Well clearly that's a lie," Fox broke in. "If we were supposedly supposed to act like the animals we were named after-"
"There's an animal named Forest?" Lily whispered to us.
"I guess they're just bigger idiots than we thought," I whispered back.
"-then why aren't you smart, beautifully handsome, and all around awesome?" Fox finished.
"What's that supposed t-" Wolf stopped short. "Why you little-"