Chapter 3 - Prophecy and Pain

Rose woke up in Taemin’s bed with the covers pulled over her. The boys were nowhere to be seen. She got up, stretched and headed downstairs. She smelt food, and headed towards it. She entered into a bright room. All the boys were sitting at the table. When she entered they all looked around at her. “Good morning Rose.” said Key. Taemin pulled up a seat next to him. Rose went over and sat down. There was a lot of food on the table. She picked up apple, and started to eat it. She looked around and saw all the group staring at her. 

She blushed and put the apple down. Taemin glared at them all, and picked the apple up again. He forced it back into her mouth. Rose bit down out of shock. She chewed and swallowed. The apple was bliss on her tongue. Rose looked around and blushed. She tried to get out of her seat but Taemin held her in her by a hand round her shoulder. Immediately the rest of the group stood up and growled. Taemin growled back.

Rose looked startled up at them. Taemin hand lifted off Rose. “We need to talk about this.” Onew said hastily as he sat back down. “Rose.” Taesun said, leaning over and lifting her chin up. Everyone round the table growled. “You are part of of a prophecy. It talks of a group of singers and two girls. One bad, one good. One fake, one real. One love, one broken. It speaks of the artists falling in love with these girls, but they choose one in the end. It shows a birthmark. Your birthmark, is that one.” he told her, ignoring the others. “So you thought Miss Annabelle...” Rose asked, looking up at them all. Jonghyun nodded.

“But how does my birthmark do all the stuff?” Rose asked. Everyone jumped. “How much do you know it can do?” asked Jonghyun. “Well, it can paralyze me, make me fall asleep, make me go twice as fast, make be be in agony and make me fall in love.” Rose said counting on her fingers. The boys all looked shocked. Taemin was the first to respond. “How do you know all that?” he asked. Rose turned towards him. “My mistress used to experiment on me.” she replied. “So, why don’t you like what Taesun and Taemin did?” asked Rose.

“Didn’t you listen!” exclaimed Taesun. “It means we are in love with you. And we are. So Taemin can’t have you all to himself or Onew. Stupid girl.” He snarled at Rose. Rose flinched, and her eyes welled up with tears. She ducked under Taemin’s arm and ran. She heard shouting downstairs. She ran straight into the bedroom and launched herself under the bed sobbing. She heard Key yelling at Taesun, and someone coming up the stairs.

She watched as a pair of feet entered the room. Someone looked under the bed. It was Taemin. He smiled as Rose launched herself into his arms. Rose felt like a small child but Taemin made her feel happy and calm. She didn’t know why she had cried. Maybe it was the stress she was under. Taemin cradled her.

Rose looked into Taemin’s eyes. She saw tears starting to form in his eyes. She wiped them away. “It’s OK.” she smiled at him. He looked at her, and buried his head in her hair. She got up, and knelt into him. He looked up at her surprised. She came down to his lips, and kissed him. It was very passionate, and Taemin ran his fingers through her hair, before  pushing her to the floor while kissing her. He started kissing up and down her neck. “Rose” his gasped looking into her eyes. She looked into his eyes. “Tae...” she started but then someone was pulling Taemin off her and she was picked up and thrown onto the bed.

“You two are officially banned from seeing each other.” Taesun said. "Key, take him out of my sight.” he said to Key, who was holding Taemin. “No! Taemin!” cried Rose, trying to run towards him. Taesun held her back. “Taesun, this is to much.” argued Key. Rose struggled, trying to get past Taesen. “Rose!” cried Taemin. He broke out of Key’s grasp and ran to her. “I love you. I always will.” he cried into her hair. “I love you too Taemin” Rose cried into Taemin’s chest. “Enough!” shouted Taesun. His eyes were red as he grabbed Taemin. Minho pulled Rose onto the bed. “I’m sorry” he whispered in her ear. 

Taesun threw Taemin into Jonghyun who pushed him out of the room, looking like it was the worst job in the world. Taesen made his way over to Rose where he set to tracing her birthmark, which glowed before Rose started feeling white hot pain course through her. Someone one was screaming a high pitched. Was that her?

Taesun touched her birthmark once, and the pain went away. Minho was gripping her hard.   Tears ran down her face, as she looked up at Taesun. “If you do not obey me, then there will be more of that.” Taeuen said as he came up to her face. He slapped her, then walked away. “Lock her in.” Taeuen said to Minho as the group went out. Minho nodded and Rose heard the door bolt as she walked out. 

Rose sat crying. She knew what she had to do. She had to escape from this nightmare.