Chapter 8 - Reborn in Blood

"Welcome to your new home, your bunking with me. This is the building that all of the members from Luna Canis will stay in. So far it's just us." It was a neatly furnished building with all basic necessities built in, kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms and the like. Jen stared at Ell. "Your still thinking about them huh?"

Ell stared at the floor, continuing his silence. It had been a week since he'd seen all he knew burn, he'd spent it traveling with Jen to get here. She said that she was sent to get him, he was wanted for a special team. One with people who couldn't be replaced. Those who are unique, who are mutated. Those like him, and like her.

Her feet entered the top of his view, he started to look up and his eyes met her throat as she wrapped her arms around him. This had become standard for them whenever they stopped for the day, given they didn't need to travel any further he couldn't avoid conversation any more. Having to face the facts sadness overwhelmed him, Jen would try to console him until he was capable of eating, setting up camp and cleaning up.

She felt the damp rub against her neck as he nuzzled against her. "It's ok, we will get revenge soon. You will have done them proud. Get some sleep ok?" She pushed him back far enough that she could look into his eyes, the clear purple she'd seen when he fought was gone. An empty casket was all that remained of what should have been.

"Ok... Just..." His eyes regained a little of their glow, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth. "Try not to set the house on fire, I don't when you're cooking."

Laughing Jen shoved him towards his bed. "You just sleep, and I'm not that bad at cooking. You just have no taste." He walked over and slumped into his bed, motionless he lay there. "It's good to seem you can still joke." She muttered to herself making her way to the kitchen. Time to cook.

-----------------------

He'd been here for a month now, just living in the hut with Jen. He hadn't seen anyone nearby but apparently someone was delivering them a mission, a village nearby was said to be holding important information about the cloaked men.

He stood in front of a mirror with Jen looking at him, her brows frowned in concentration. "You know I don't need to-"

"Shush." Her hand held his lips clamped, stopping his comment. "It's your first mission, we need to make you look good. The problem is... We have nothing to do about your hair. It's almost as long as mine, why is that?" She raised an eyebrow in questioning.

Ell shrugged. "I don't know really, it just always has been. I don't really do anything with it, Alicia kept it from getting much longer than this." He frowned for a minute before perking up again. "Anyway I don't see a problem with how it is."

"I just don't understand how you fight with it is all, doesn't it get in your eyes? It's so messy, at the least brush it."

"Your one to talk, have you seen your hair lately?"

"Hey! We haven't left the house and we don't get any visitors. It's not like, you care either way so why bother?" She pouted slightly at the comment.

Smiling he pointed to a chair nearby. "Sit down, I'll see what I can do about your hair." Jen began to progress but he grabbed her mouth smiling. "Your meant to be team leader, you need to set an example. We can deal with my hair if theirs time."

-----------------------

Ell grabbed at his new clothes, it was the Luna Canis uniform. White jacket with a tall collar, black pants, shirt and sturdy boots. A thin purple and white checkered scarf was wrapped around the outside of his coat. All of the pieces had leather padding on the joints as well as combat styles gloves. Jen had found time to half brush his hair and tie the bulk of it into a pony tail, his fridge was simply tucked behind his ear.