the witches

A cigarette dangled from her lips as she sat on the edge of a curb outside of a new club that has just opened. It was about time this town got something relatively cool.

Staring off into the night, or should she say morning being as it was around 5 am, Violet daintily took the cigarette between two fingers and removed it from her lips, a puff of smoke following after it. The sixteen year old technically wasn't supposed to smoke but there was no way it could damage her. Not anymore.

The loud creak of the back exit of the club opened. Loud techno music blared out into the parking lot for a moment until the door closed. Soon, Violet felt a presence next to her. A blonde girl with smudged makeup and slightly revealing clothing perched on the curb next to her. Scanning her up and down, Violet handed her an unlit cigarette from her pocket and a lighter. The blonde nodded in appreciation before lighting the cigarette.

"Bad night?" Violet inquired, not exactly interested in what the girls answer would be. She shrugged.

"You could say that." She nodded at Violet. "You too?" Violet almost laughed. If only it was just a bad night.

"More like bad life." She responded, tossing her head back and billowing out puffs of smoke. The blonde only nodded, not jumping to ask questions which Violet would have only found annoying. It was probably because the girl was too intoxicated to understand what she meant. Realizing this, Violet took her humans obliviousness to her advantage.

"Like, why won't they just give up already?" She complained in an exasperated tone. "The Witches, I mean." She clarified in a tone that only suggested it was obvious. "I mean, you kill twelve of their people a few months ago and suddenly you're the bad guy?" Violet ranted, sounding genuinely baffled at the fact. "And now they won't stop at anything to have me dead." She said, tossing her hands up in the air.

They were a large part of the reason she was here. Violet had been running from their Coven for months. She had hoped that this town was small enough that it wouldn't be on their radar. But, now thinking about it, maybe The Witches coming to Beacon Hills wasn't such a bad thing. They had definitely caused enough chaos in Violet's life. Maybe it's time McCall and his pack had some more chaos in their lives. It would be fun.

The blonde stated at Violet incredulously. Her mouth was agape and she looked confused. Maybe the caramel haired vampire had overestimated her intoxication just a smidge. Violet contemplated killing her. It would help release some of her frustration for sure. But then she thought about the clean up afterwards. Hiding the body and all. Something that, right now, wasn't at all desirable for the teenager. With a sigh escaping her soft pink lips, Violet grabbed the human by the shoulders.

"You're going to forget ever meeting me tonight. And everything I have said to you." Violet clarified with the girl, staring into the blondes blue eyes with her hypnotizing hazel green ones. Looking over the girls far to short dress and overall horrible look, she decided to add in one more thing. "And go home right now and...rethink your life." She compelled.

The blondes eyes glazed over and she stood up from the curb and began to stumble her way out of the parking lot on heels that looked way too high for someone that drunk and freshly compelled to be walking in. Violet shrugged.

Standing up and dusting herself off, Violet sighed. She could feel the magic in the air already. There was a storm coming to this town. And all the teenage vampire could think was that she better be ready when it hits.