Some Things Happens For Better Or For Worse, Mostly Worse

            Hey the names Red, Champion Red but I prefer Red or Champ.  Now this story is of great adventure, betrayal, friendship, enemies, and werewolves.  Let’s go back a couple of years.

6 years ago…

            It was my 10th birthday and also the beginning of my werewolf life.  You see, it was my initiation ceremony to be accepted into the pack.  My dad, who was Samuel Red or Sam, was the Alpha male leaving me the lovely Alpha daughter.  My brothers Jack, Mitch, Mark, Luke, Hunter, Arrow, and Cole were all either one or two years younger or older than me.  Jack and Mitch were 13, the twins Mark and Luke were 12, and Hunter was 11, Arrow 9, and Cole 10 like me.

            Of course, Cole had wanted his initiation before me, dumb boys and their needs to be first for everything.  Anyways, so currently all my human friends were leaving because my party was over.  Now to face the pack.  Desmond, my best friend came to me and held my hand as he brought me to Sam.  It’s natural for me to call him by his first name.  The ceremony was about to begin.

            Let me explain a little about the initiation.  First we must prove ourselves worthy to be a werewolf.  We do this by stating the Sacred Were-Oath that every shifter must do.  After that we must fight in human form against the leaders of the pack.  First we fight Darius my father’s Beta and if we survive then we must fight the Alpha.  Then we are led to the pond called Moon lake Pond.  The name makes no sense to me, but whatever.  We must swim to the pond middle battered and bruised, stand up, tip our head to the moon, and let out a true wolf howl.  Then we shift.  Amazing isn’t it!  Too bad it’s easier said then done.

            So right now I must state the OathWhile standing in the middle of the room surrounded by the pack.  I said, “I, Champion Neva-ya Red, am ready to accept my new life and responsibilities as a wolf of the night.  Old things behind me, new things before me.  Blood and flesh bind me and my wolf as one.  We shall obey the law of the wolf, striking when needed, showing no mercy to the unworthy, no hesitation, we shall conquer.  WE ARE READY.”  As I said that my gold streaked with gray eyes turned black.

            “She is ready, “Darius said and looked at Sam.  Sam nodded his head once and Darius leaped at me.  Shifting in mid leap, he turned into a 6 ft. brown and white wolf.  I quickly side-stepped him and he crashed into the wall.  Furious he ran at me with his head low and knocked me on the ground.  Darius growled at me and bit my shoulder.  It hurt, badly, but I refuse to cry out or show any signs of weakness.  So using my free arm and crouching my feet under his soft belly, I threw him off me and once again he flew into the wall.  This time he didn’t get up.  I stalked towards him, moving quickly as a predator would to his prey.  Picked him up by the throat and squeezed.  Hard.  Out of nowhere someone struggled to get him out of my grip.  Reluctantly I let go and Darius shifted and slumped against the ground.  Next to fight was my pops, Sammy.

            Unlike, Darius, he shifted and circled me.  He was huge and was completely black with silver eyes.  His fur had a pattern of seven stars in an eye shaped form.  The symbol of an Alpha werewolf.  When you’re going through your first shift this mark appears on a true Alpha wolf.  So far none of my brother’s has this mark on their wolf.  When you are in human form it appears as a moon trapped in a spider web on your right shoulder.

            As I was thinking this Sam ran at me and I quickly flipped over him.  We were going on like this for over an hour, him striking me dodging.  He was out of breath, but I was perfectly fine.  Soon he shifted back and smiled at me then said it was time.  So Caleb and Sebastian, Sam’s third and fourth, grabbed each of my wrists.  Then they led me to Moon Lake Pond, with the pack following behind.