Prepare

Eren

Well tomorrow is going to be my first day of high school. It'll probably be just as worse as Jr. High where if you are wearing anything but today's fashion trends or listened to today's music that is only talking about sex, boobs and butts and whatever stupid shit, you were a loser, queer and whatever names they could come up with.

Mikasa, Armin and I were never like those kids. We were different then them, we lived independently because my mom died of cancer and my dad disappeared after her death, I hate that asshole for abandoning us leaving nothing. Armin's grandfather passed away of old age.

Because of these events and the fact that we were childhood friends, the city let us live together instead of in a group home.

We never lived by societies rules, to hell with them. We still maintained average grades and part-time jobs. We were the outcasts of the school, we dressed differently, we got creative with how we wanted to look and live.

Tomorrow will be our first day of high school, to be honest I am almost excited to see what kind of assholes I'll be stuck with.

Mikasa insists we meet new people but I'm not a big fan in making friends. Armin doesn't even qualify as a friend to me, he's more like a brother, like Mikasa. She is my adopted sister, we've been together since I was 9 and she's known Armin since then.

My parents were very close with Armin's grandfather, so we've known each other since we we're very young.

I honestly don't know what I would do if I lost them. I am already depressed enough as it is, lets just hope it doesn't get any worse.

I have been thinking about this too much I didn't even realize Mikasa has been knocking on my door trying to get my attention.

"Eren! if I have to call your name once more I'm kicking down this door."

"yea yea, I'm coming" I caught Mikasa flinch when I swung my door open

"what do you want woman!"

"Jeez brat, just letting you know that it's lights out, tomorrow is our first day of high school. Get some rest please"

"whatever Mikasa, you know, you worry too much. Goodnight"

Sometimes I'm glad we have our own rooms, I get my privacy but I also feel very lonely at night.

~Time skip 5 hours~

What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I sleep? I haven't been able to get any sleep since my mom died. Ever since then, I have had this habit of every night I spend sleepless, I end up leaving the house and going to this spot a couple blocks away from the house.

I live near the coast so I get this really awesome of the river that flows through the city. Whenever I'm there, I forget everything bad that has happened threw the years. My mother dying, My dad leaving, and Armin's grandfather passing away.

Every night and day I feel like screaming but I always find myself unable to. So I end up having to scream internally. I am ashamed of the scars these screams have left me with. But they always remind me that I am still alive and I can go on, but new ones always appear and I can't seem to make them disappear.

Every time I look out to the river from my favorite spot, I see the moon shining down on the clear water. The water, so translucent, it's so unfair. All it has to do is sit there and flow among the path that was created for it. God, why am I starting to cry?

I want my path to be created for myself so that all I have to do is walk along it. But that is not how life works, we have to create our own paths. Once we've hit a huge boulder, we can either choose to work around it or we plow threw it.

I have been admiring the river for so long, I realized that the sun is starting to rise. I guess I better get back before Mikasa and Armin wake up and start making a fuss as to why I was out of the house. I get up to start making my way back but I hear a muffled voice.

"shit."

"Who's there! Hey! Wait!"

If I wasn't so focused on getting back to the house, I would've ran after the small black figure that I started running away. Who was that?

I got back to the house, and since I pulled stupid and left my house key in my room, forgetting that our front down automatically locks itself. I'm gonna have to climb in through my window, which is thankfully unlocked and on the ground level. Thank god I didn't wake anybody up.

~Time Skip 1 hour~

"Eren! Wake up! You are gonna be late if you don't get up and get ready!" Mikasa was banging on my door, it scared the shit out of me

"Okay! I'm up! Thanks Mikasa!" Dammit, I dozed off. It's going to be a long day.

Hey Guys! this is my first Fanfic so take it easy on me please! I will update as much as I can! I still have work and school to take care of so yea! if you have any questions or even suggestions, I'll be happy to take them into consideration! Who is the mysterious figure Eren caught? We will find out soon but I'm guessing you guys already know! *wink wink*

~Raven_Heichou