1. Like a nun, hun

Prologue:

Maria's POV.

Ok, so let me start off with saying I am Maria Seetia. I am 17 years of age, I have just moved to Dawnvale, East-coast Australia from Fallton, Western Australia. It is so different living on opposite coasts of Australia. Also I am the new girl, at Dawn High School. I have three siblings two older, fraternal twins (a brother and a sister) at the age of 18 and a younger brother at the age of 12. All of my siblings are so flipping annoying. My parents are kind and caring when they want to be and they pay all the bills but us kids never get to see them because they are always working or travelling for work. My parents are horrible to us most of the time, sometimes I just want to slap my mother she can be such a barnacle and dad is such a dipnut he won't ever keep his thoughts to himself.

~

The sound of my alarm blaring to my ears woke me up from my wonderful sleep stasis. "Ugh," I groaned in annoyance as I flipped myself over to hit the button on my alarm so that the awful shrieking sound would stop. I finally gave up on my close-eyed search to reach the button and opened my eyes. The light was so bright. It's never this bright.

That's when I realized, "Sugar!" I cursed, it's my first day of the term and I haven't finished unpacking my stuff for my new bedroom yet. The room is ordinarily bare; beside the fact that boxes annoying accumulate the large room and a bed lays unmade, causing the room to appear smaller than it actually is.

After brushing my teeth, getting dressed, combing my hair, grabbing my bag and purse and an apple for breakfast; I ran out of the house to the car where my older sister, Jules, and brother, Asher, were waiting impatiently.

Asher tilted his head to the side, "Girl, are you really wearing that to school on your first day?" Asher skeptically eyed my clothes with a smirk tugging on his lips, "you look like a nun, hun," Asher exclaimed.

With confusion I peered down at my choice of clothes; a pink skirt that reached just above my knees, fluffy gray stockings, a pair of baby pink brogues on my feet, a white blouse with all the buttons done up, a black blazer jacket and my grandmothers hand embroidered pink tie done up to perfection.

When I looked up at Jules, she just sent me a pointed look that said she agreed completely with Asher. Their faces were beginning to turn the shade of a color you would associate with a tomato. What was the big joke?

I sighed, unsure whether I should say my next words, "Fine help me choose something to wear." The twins turned to look at each other and shared this devious expression. Oh no, what am I getting myself into?

With that, my brother and sister ran to my side and pushed me back up to my room where my fate awaits.

But what is wrong the clothes I'm wearing now?

Uploaded - Monday, 12 October 2015