Chapter 4: The Arrival

We enter Arex early in the morning, we go to our aunt and uncle's inn. Rayne is asleep but Emily is awake, when we knock on the door our aunt greets us. When she sees me carry Rayne in, and Emily walk in she stands there, at first shocked. "Is that Rayne" she asks walking up to me then over to Emily " And Emily?" Emily smiles and looks down "It's me" she says quietly. When everyone eats, Rayne and Emily eat as if they hadn't in a year. We all take showers, me and David borrow our uncles clothes, Rayne and Emily borrow our aunts. Rayne comes out with her hair down, and in a blue gown that compliments her eyes, Emily is in an emerald gown. We get the rooms sorted out, Emily and David share a room Gabrielle and Rayne get their own room and I get the couch. Everyone heads to their room to get some rest except me. I sit at the table, with only one candle lit in the room its difficult to read my aunts old scrolls, she was a bard when she was younger. I feel a hand on my shoulder and fight the urge to attack, I turn to see Rayne. She sits next to me, " Couldn't sleep?" I ask. " Yeah, and I'm not used to being alone. Usually Emily would talk to me, but her and David..." she says looking at their door. I nod, "Yeah they're gonna be hard to separate." I say jokingly, she smile and asks "What about you?". I nod " I don't sleep well anymore, all this killing gets to me" I say staring into her eyes. For a second I don't care about anything. I lean over and kiss her, placing my hand on the back of her neck, it only lasted a second or two. I pull back " I'm so sorry, I shou-" I start but am interrupted by her kissing me, I don't know how but I smiled while we were kissing. After what seemed like forever we stopped kissing, she heads up to her room, I turn to go to the couch, but she grabs me by the collar and pulls me into her room. When I woke up the next morning Rayne was still asleep. I tried getting up with out waking her but failed, we both change and leave the room. We didn't realize how late it was, when we walked out everyone else was eating lunch. "Finally the two love birds awaken." Emily says with a smile, 'How do they know' I think to myself. "Its not like we were the only ones." I retort looking at David then Emily. "Actually all we did was sleep, I don't think that's all you were doing." the last part he says under his breath. "Well, you're wrong all we did was sleep. Right Rayne" I say looking back at her. "Yeah I just wanted someone to talk to and Sam was the only one awake" she says. Everyone continues eating, Rayne and I grab a plate and start eating, Emily and Rayne keep looking at each other then smiling slightly. I look at Rayne then Emily "Anything you guys wanna tell us." David says before I can. They just shrug and continue eating, when I finish I head out to the back and practice with my old bow. I keep missing the center, then David walks out. "So, you and Rayne a thing now?" he asks sheepishly. "Are you and Emily?" I ask while trying to focus on my target. When I ask that he laughs, "Are you serious?!? You didn't see who I went 'to sleep' with did you". he says with a grin. I lower my bow "What do you mean?!" I ask walking towards him. "I was with Gabrielle last night, but you were to busy kissing Rayne to see me walk out of the room when Emily fell asleep." I raise my bow toward the target, " If you take advantage of her..." I spit as I release the arrow and it hits the center ".....Then that target is gonna be you." I say as I turn to leave. He stands there and looks at the target as I strap the bow to my back and walk away.