CHAPTER 1-WELCOME?

I shut my locker as slowly as I'd opened it.Being new at Everlawn high,I could literally taste the difference considering I'd come a long way from home. The books are bigger,the kids here look a lot richer than I expect kids my age to be...as almost everyone I'd seen today came in some fancy car. I could have cursed.Why finish high school such a long way from home given that I'd be a senior this year.I mean couldn't he had waited just one more year and then I could go to college anywhere he wanted?...well I guess I wouldn't blame him not wanting to be around me given how strange my life was turning out.

   "Daniel"...I heard someone call. Immediately out of my musing,I turned around to see a teenager about my age...she had long dark hair that dangled on her shoulders as she walked gracefully towards me.

  "Grace?"I murmured,uncertain of who she is but please who else would know me here.Although she is not as tall as I am,she had long legs that fitted into the deep blue jeans she was wearing.Her

eyes were brown well sculpted into what looked like pure white canvas suiting her orange-brown skin perfectly.

  "Hey I'm Grace..."she said smiling and revealing some dazzling white teeth. I smiled back taking her already outstretched arm as I shook her politely.