The rapture

The sharp shrill of the bell rang through the small building , signaling recess. At least that is what we called it. The teachers always wore a look of worry and regret when it rang. I bet if they could stop it they would.

But they could not , thanks to the Council. It had stamped in a law that all enfant captives should go out for a period of about 4 minutes every day.
No more and no less.
That was ten yeas ago but no one would argue with the Council.

The council was an organisation , if you would ca it that ,of our kind that made sure we were all safe. Being extra careful after we were almost were almost wiped out.

I loved and savoured this four minutes. This would be my last term being an enfant captive. After you were done being ten , you were now a child captive. Then a teenage captive at 15. You were only an adult at 20.
You were then released
Into the World

From what I had heard the world was a dangerous place. Like everything else , there was both good and bad. But that did not matter because they hated us.
This was just one of the reasons that we stayed in this place.

Most called it the Haven. Adults called it the CA: creatures asylum. The World also called it Ca , although their idea of the CA was that it was an centre where crazy and mental people lived their lives until they were healed.

It was a building that looked short from the outside but extanded way underground for miles.
It trained our kind to hide and also informed us about everything there was to this world while also providing a Safe Haven for us.

We had them fooled.
Thinking that we were extinct or even more just a myth while there was a whole mansion full of our kind , waiting to be released, live, and then be born or reincarnated again.

We were not any less different from the humans.
No.
Except we were immortal

We lined up in front of the huge metal doors , waiting for them to be opened so we can relish four fume minutes of fresh air and the beauties of Our world.
The teacher counted 20 of us and then the door.

I basked in the sunshine as it hit my face , closing my eyes and bringing my hands up to my face, embracing the warmth and rawness , ando then ran out to the Field.

We had made up a game.
We were to run a third of the whole length of the field , then stop and look around , taking in our surroundings.
We would pick an object and say it out loud.the person who said the funniest name would get to be the Monster for the rest of recess.

The rest would then run ahead for ten seconds , and then the monster would chase them , trying to catch one of them..

But just before they got too close to the boundary they would turn around and race back to The Haven . The first one to be caught and to reach the doors would be the lions that day.

It was the perfect game
We had oxygen , sunshine , fun .
It made up for the 20 years we would be stuck in the Haven.

While we were studying our surroundings , I turned and saw a hole in the boundary that was not there yesterday. I was so intrigued by it that when it was my turn to say I scream "hole"

Everyone laughed. I think they were laughing at the way I said it and not because I said hole.
Or they just did not believe that after 90 years of its existence there would be a hole in the boundary.

I was the monster for today.

They started running. The hole caught my attention again. I was focusing so much on it that I only noticed them when they scream my name , saying I was ten seconds behind.
Is started running as fast as I could , knowing that I had a slim chance of catching anyone .

I ran so fast that I felt my legs were gonna fall off right under me. The wind ruffled my short hair and made a wheezing sound as u tore through the air.

Suddenly I heard a piercing sound ,way louder than the wind and the bell. It was like it was coming in waves , each wave getting more lethal.

I flopped down , covering me ears , not bothering to scream. It felt like I was going to explode any moment now , into a million pieces of glass. I felt myself floating away slowly but surely.

A grey sky being the last thing I see.

-------------------
Hey guys
This is my first chapter
And it is written In lovey's pov
May I please know what you think .
X X