My Ninja Way [[[Izumi]]] ONESHOT

Cover rendering of Katsumi Kuran[OC] by AmberKorpse

POV of Izuna Uchiha

Madara and Kagami fold their arms in front of their chests, staring at me with twin expressions. Disappointment is evident on their brows and their lips are quirked into the sincerest of frowns, their Sharingans activated as they continue to look upon me in distain.

"I'm not like you," all is that comes from my tongue.

When we were originally alive, perhaps this idea of world conquest might've put a twinkle in my onyx eyes, but not now that I am back from the Other Side. We are not meant to be in this world, let alone control it.

"Do so entertain us and do explain," Madara's eyes narrow.

"I do not seek to rule this land, or this planet," I respond, sitting up on the bed of leaves.

Thanks to my newly undead family, I've come back into this world in a cave wearing nothing and laying on a pile of dead leaves. Maybe part of my reluctance is in part to how they've decided to reintroduce me to the Uchiha clan as well as to the Land of Fire? It's an idea worth considering.

Brushing off my bare legs, I stand and mirror their postures. The only difference would be our eyes. I refuse to use the Uchiha kekki genkai on other Uchiha. Kagami is the first to budge, his eyes lowering to my feet for half a moment, before his expression returns to stone. I pray that nobody thinks that this is simply because he is an Uchiha.... We're not emotionless beings who thrive on bloodshed. Madara senses Kagami's hesitation, his glare no fixated on his brother.

"Go back to your bratling," Madara orders.

With that, Kagami departs.

In his shadow, I flee.

The path on which I find myself is lonesome, empty, and overgrown with grass. As far as I can see, I am on the only human within miles. This is goods news, meaning that I've left Madara far behind me. Trying to find some humanity within this new body of mine, I close my eyes and simply listen to the sounds of nature that I've long since forgotten. Birds are chirping, the leaves are rustling, and the wind is blowing so gently... The world around me is alive, and now so I am for the second time. What should I do about this misdeed to Kamisama and Buddha? I am not meant to be in this realm anymore...

"I must ask that you quite this folly," a woman's voice flutters towards me.

Curious, I open my eyes to discover a lone female surrounded by men. They tower round her like trees to a deer, gazing at her with hungry eyes. Her green hair is loose, tumbling down her back until reaches her waist and comes to an abrupt end. There is a bandage tied around her face, covering her nose but revealing her purple eyes which hold a gleam of honour and curiosity. She has me intrigued, doing nothing but dodging their advances and murmuring things about dignity amongst other things- such as bravery, loyalty, and honesty. I assume that this is her ninja way. I watch her, amused and impressed by her lithe movements.

"Oi, you there... the naked fellow! What are you doing?!" one of the men asks.

What am I doing...?

"Waiting," is my answer.

"What for, man?" the man asks again, his yellow teeth shimmering in the sunlight much like his bald head.

"For the maiden to request assistance," I cross my arms.

"The maiden has a name, fella!" she pouts, seeming to be moderately angry and annoyed.