Friday Nights At Library

♥AN: Italics is Ever speaking, Bold is Fil and Bold-italics is Dori ♥

Okay, get this, it's Friday afternoon, I'm sitting in the public library with A Tale Of Two Cities in hand, now , don't get me wrong, Friday's are for fun, not for reading.

But it's like a classic rule that there's no days off for reading. Right?

Now, I'm sitting here, enjoying tranquility with the luxuries of an one- sugared chai, and a pair of Sony headphones tucked into my S5, and suddenly these two girls barge in and drop into the empty seats next to me.

That's not the weird part, I'm always somewhat alone.

These girls, I know, in fact they are are my two best friends, and I know for sure that a library is not their kinda' place, but they're here anyway.

As soon as they approach me, I raise my eyebrows in question, like, 'what the fudge are you doing at a library on Friday?'

Dismissing my look, they flash their phones obnoxiously, 'hey, I know what a smartphone looks like!'

I go back to reading and I hear the buzz, I look down to my lap.

Fil- yes, weird name for a weird girl with anime bangs and pigtails sprouting from the side of her head and overdone cat eyeliner- looks at me expectantly, and my fingers hover over the keyboard.

Fri nite, mlkshks at McD?

I hate the fact that people text like they've forgotten half the alphabet, seriously, text language is so overrated.

Only Oreos knows best, I reply, whilst Dori- lanky girl with hazelnut, natural highlights, spotless face and I-dont-give-a-shit attitude- joins in the conversation.

Yo, ave u met d new boy from skl yet?

Nope.

Ev, ud totz get long wid him.

Oh?

Yaas

Yes!

I'll see him once the time is right, but it won't really be a meeting if he's the only one talking...

Here's the thing: I'm silent , like, dead silent, well apart from at night when I tend to snore a bit, don't ask how I know that. It's a...permanent thing I guess, that's what the therapist said, the muteness, not the snoring part. Fil and Dori know about my muteness, and I guess they get very annoyed when I be skeptic about it.

I love those girls.

Oml...

Girl, you don't need a voice to sound amazing.

That's somewhat reassuring. And I know they notice the sarcasm.

I get up and pack my bag, sipping the last of my chai, that's when the last message arrives.

It is.