Chapter Twenty

April's POV

No, no
Oh, no
See you walking 'round like it's a funeral
Not so serious, girl, why those feet cold?
We just getting started; don't you tiptoe, tiptoe, ah

Waste time with a masterpiece, don't waste time with a masterpiece
You should be rolling with me, you should be rolling with me, ah
You're a real-life fantasy, you're a real-life fantasy
But you're moving so carefully, let's start living dangerously

Talk to me, baby
I'm going blind from this sweet-sweet craving, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go fucking crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean
Walk for me, baby
I'll be Didd and you'll be Naomi, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go fucking crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean

Hot damn, see you licking frosting from your own hands
Want another taste, I'm begging, yes ma'am
I'm tired of all this candy on the dry land, dry land, oh

Waste time with a masterpiece, don't waste time with a masterpiece

You should be rolling with me, you should be rolling with me, ah
You're a real-life fantasy, You're a real-life fantasy
But you're moving so carefully, let's living dangerously, whoa-oh

Talk to me, baby
I'm going blind from this sweet-sweet craving, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go fucking crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean
Walk for me, baby (walk for me now)
I'll be Didd and you'll be Naomi, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and fucking crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean (ooh, aah)

Fucking delicious
Talk to me, girl, talk to me baby
I'm going blind from this sweet-sweet craving, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and fucking crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean
Walk for me, baby (walk for me now)
I'll be Didd and you'll be Naomi, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go fucking crazy
I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean

Red velvet, vanilla and chocolate in my life
Confetti, I'm ready; I need it every night
Red velvet, vanilla and chocolate in my life (I-I-I-I-I-I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean)

"Best song imaginable, right?" I said after it finished.

Antonio nodded from my desk chair across the room. "It is defiantly a good song." and with that he looked back down at his phone.

I picked up my stuffed monkey, butternut from the floor and chucked it at him. It hit him square in the nose, he looked up unamused. "Really?" I nodded and smiled sheepishly.

"What do you want to do now?" His phone rang and he picked it up without any hesitation.

"Hello... I'll be there as soon as possible... It'll be okay, I'm on my way." He hung up and looked over to me. I sighed and looked down, avoiding his gaze. He's been watching me like a hawk ever since he got here, he's worried I'll hurt myself and I get it, I would do the same thing but I'm done with that shit. My mother will have to deal with me for at least another year.

"Come on, want to meet our half, wait not even that." He groaned and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Want to go meet, Reagan and Annabella?"

I stood up and grabbed my jacket off the bed. "Who are they?" I asked as he led the way to his car.

He shrugged and climbed in the driver side. I walked around and climbed in the passenger. He started the engine, put it in gear and backed out of our laneway onto the street. "They used to be my sisters."

"How'd they use to be your sisters?"

He sighed. "I was raised by our father, barely, and a woman who I thought was my mother. I had seven blood siblings, Adam, Jonah," I cringed and turned to look at the passing scenery. "Cassandra, Jenna, Rose, Annabella and Reagan. I found out barely two days ago that the woman I knew as my mom was not and that I had a twin sister and another brother. My dad cheated with your mom and had all of us, but that's not all." We turned into a laneway and Antonio climbed out, leaving the car idle with me in it.

I sighed and sat there waiting for him to come back and continue. I absentmindedly braided my hair and then when that was done I started chewing on my nails. Five excruciatingly long minutes later Antonio carrying a sleeping, bruised little girl, probably around seven-eight with fizzy brown hair on his hip and another girl probably around seventeen-eighteen with straight blonde hair cut short, big brown eyes and equally as bruised as the little girl, came walking to the car.

Antonio opened the back door for the second girl and handed her the little girl, he shut the door and climbed in the driver seat and reversed onto the street once more. It was deadly quiet and instantly I was uncomfortable.

After Antonio circled the block three times he decided to introduce me. "Reagan," The older girl looked up. Her eyelid was sliced pretty badly and her chin was beginning to bruise. Antonio gestured to me. "This is my twin, April. April, this is Reagan."

"Nice to meet you." She simply nodded and looked back down at what had to be Annabella.

Silence washed over us again and I started to shift in my seat. Antonio placed a hand on my knee just as it began to bounce up and down uncontrollably. "You okay?"

I nodded and tried a smile. Antonio gave me an odd look. His phone rang through the stereo system saving me. Antonio pressed a button on the steering wheel, answering the call.

"Hey, Cass what's up?"

"I can't hold it in anymore!" The girl practically squealed. Reagan cringed in the back seat.

"Cassandra try not to be so loud." Reagan growled.

"Sorry, Rea." Cassandra apologized, lowering the volume of her voice.

"So... what did you need to tell us?" Antonio asked, turning off the street we've already drove up four times and onto a new street.

"Rose isn't any of our sisters!" Cassandra screeched.

Antonio slammed on the brakes, then pulled off to the side of the road. "What?"

"Yeah, dad came by, yesterday?" She said it as a question, like she was unsure herself. "Yup, yesterday. He told me she was left on the step as a baby and mom took her in. I tried to tell Rose but she wouldn't even let me mutter he name, she says he's dead to her and she hasn't even heard the part that she should hate him for."

"Calm down, Cass. Everything will be fine, we're on our way." He pulled onto the road.

A transport truck smashed into us and sent us rolling into the ditch, the sound of screeching tires filled my ears and high pitched screams, aside from that all I heard was silence. All I smelt was blood and gas. I closed my eyes and didn't open them again. I could faintly hear the panicked voice of Cassandra from the stereo but as soon as I tuned it in, it was gone. No one was screaming anymore but I could still hear it in the back of my mind.

Maybe my wish of death would come after all, sorry mom didn't get to torture me one year longer. A smile made it's way on my face and I let the darkness take me.