✦ Chapter 3: Lies ✦

(Y/N)'s Pov

I woke up to my alarm going off. I looked at the time. It was 7:25. I should get up. I pull the covers off, go to the bathroom across the hall, washed my face, and walked back into my room. I got dressed in a (Color) shirt, a (Color) skirt, and (Color) socks. I run downstairs into the kitchen to see my mom eating breakfast. I pour myself a bowl of cereal, chat a bit with my mom and finish off my bowl of cereal.

"Mom, I'm going out to meet my friend. Okay?", I tell her as I get up.

"You've already made friends? Good job! Your father and I will be leaving on a business trip soon and will be gone until next week, I know you can take care of yourself.", my mom answered cheerily.

"Okay! See you later mom! Love you!", I say as I put on my (Carmel/Gray) cat coat and walk out the door. Before I walk out, I hear my mom call "Love you too!", right before I closed the door. I run over to where I met Mahiru before, my (H/L) (H/C) flowing behind me as I run. I get there and Mahiru is standing there with a cat nowhere to be seen.

"Didn't you say you'd be bringing your cat?", I ask as I walk up to him.

"Oh! Kuro! He's in my bag.", he says as he pulls his bag off his back and pulls a small black cat with messy fur out of the bag.

"Aww.", I say while smiling. We walk around town for a while and talk. Then a guy with green hair walks up to us.

"Hey Mahiru. I see you got yourself a girlfriend!", the green haired guy tells Mahiru. I blush and so does Mahiru.

"I was just showing her around town because she just moved here! Why haven't you been around? Tell me!", Mahiru says defensively.

"Oh, the station vampire! It totally attacked me! I've been hiding at home. Oh yeah, I'm Mahiru's friend. Watanuki Sakuya.", Sakuya says.

"I'm (L/N) (Y/N).", say and hold my hand out. Sakuya shook my hand. Then someone screamed in the distance.

"Who screamed?", I mumbled to myself.

"Mahiru! (Y/N)! This way!", Sakuya grabbed our wrists and ran into an alley.

"What the- hey!", Mahiru exclaimed when Sakuya grabbed our wrists.

"Sakuya... what is this?", Mahiru asked Sakuya.

"Ow!", I exclaimed.

"Tell me... now!", Mahiru yelled at Sakuya.

"Relax. I'm... your friend. True blue, man.", Sakuya answered. The alleyway ended and Sakuya let go of our wrists.

"Wh-where are we? S-Sakuya?", Mahiru asked. I kept quiet.

"Trust me, Mahiru..", Sakuya answered.

"Just trust me... and tell the truth.", Sakuya said.

"Huh?", I asked.

"Is our friendship a lie?", Sakuya asked Mahiru. Suddenly Mahiru, Kuro and I were caught up in strings.

"Huh... what?!", Mahiru asked.

"String...?!", I said. Two swords came down from the sky and missed impaling Kuro by a few centimeters.

"Kuro?!", Mahiru yells.

":・゚✧Ahhahahaha!✧・゚:", someone yells.

":・゚✧Applause, please! For the slasher show!✧・゚:", a guy with long pink hair in a ponytail with a white top hat yells from the top of a building.

"Huh? But he's...!", Mahiru says.

"Mahiru...", Sakuya says. "I told you... about the vampire." Sakuya looks angry all of a sudden. "I WARNED, WARNED, WARNED YOU!!!"

"Damn! Those guys...", I turn to see who's talking. I was shocked when I saw that Mahiru little black cat Kuro was behind the voice. "are Tsubaki's servants."

"Kuro can talk?!", I ask. My question was ignored though.

"Huh? Sakuya...? Why...?", Mahiru asked, his face looked shocked.

"Mahiru... what if the world started five minutes ago?", Sakuya asks Mahiru.

"What?!", I yell at Sakuya.

"Be quiet little girl!", the ponytail guy hits me in the stomach with the back of one of his blades and I cry out in pain. He doesn't stop there, he also slices my upper right arm. It hurts. A lot.

"(Y/N)!", Mahiru yells.

"Sure you have past memories... but are they actually five minutes old?", Sakuya continues as if nothing happened. "What if... can you prove that's not true?"

"What did I tell you... when your mom died?", Sakuya asks. Mahiru's mom died. Kuro looks at me and narrows his eyes. "Was I really there?", Sakuya asks again.

"Mahiru...", Sakuya takes out some knives. "Is our friendship a fairytale?" He runs his finger down the knives and lunges forward with the knives pulled back. Is he going to cut Mahiru. Then it happens all in slow motion. A man with a turquoise jacket ripped to sheds at the bottom lunges in front of Mahiru and takes the hit. My eyes widen. I want to scream but I can't. Tears fall from my eyes.

"KURO!", Mahiru yells. Wait... what? No way... that man can't be Kuro... Kuro is a cat... right? I don't even know what's right or wrong anymore. The ponytail guy jumps incredibly high and stabs Kuro with the swords while Sakuya does a backflip. I couldn't hold it in. I screamed. The ponytail guy turned around and raced toward me. I couldn't move. He hit me with the side of the blade and I slammed into the wall behind me. I fell over and cried out in pain once again.

"How can you be... a vampire?!", Mahiru yelled at Sakuya. Vampire? This is all too much. Sakuya gave a creepy smile.

"Amazing, isn't it?! And also 100% totally true!", Sakuya responded. "People live with white lies. I made you think... we were best friends. You needed a friend Mahiru. Why did you tell me... that stray cat... was just a cat? If you hadn't lied... I might still be your friend. Your one simple act shattered the world."

"I was only trying to keep you safe from vampires!", Mahiru yells in response.

"SHUT UP!", Sakuya yells back at him. "MORE LIKE YOU DIDN'T TRUST ME! YOU LIED TO ME... FOR MY OWN GOOD, HUH?!"

"No, Sakuya...", Mahiru says.

"I... really hate liars... our bond is broken now.", Sakuya says. "I feel sick all over... lies do that to me. I'll never be the same... and neither will our friendship! Way too much doubt! Most lies... are never hidden, Mahiru! I knew you lied, but I kept quiet! Never trust a human... they might kill you... kill or be killed I say!" Kuro coughed up blood on the ground and I tried to drag myself to him. I dragged myself two feet before I couldn't move because of the pain.

"Kuro! Your hurt drink my blood!", Mahiru yells. Kuro sighs.

"It won't help...", Kuro says.

"Huh?", Mahiru asks.

"Your blood really sucks...", Kuro talked in between gasps. "We servamps... get power from your blood... actually the will in your blood... but you have none. Do you protect your friend? Or kill him?"

Suddenly, the strings holding Mahiru up snapped and someone stepped in front of Mahiru. Someone with blonde hair, a suit, and a white scarf pulled the swords out of Kuro while the boy with purple hair and a fancy uniform stepped in front of Mahiru.

"Misono!", was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

A/N- Cliffhanger! Oh, and could anyone send me a link to read Chapter 18 online? Please? If not, it's fine, I can try to translate the french version.