The Scarlet Family [7]

The Scarlet Family [Chapter Seven]

Ethan's POV

Do you know that moment in life when you wake up not knowing where the hell you are and just start having a mini heart attack?

Yeah. I was having that feeling right now.

I woke up to find myself in a very big and comfortable bed. I was wearing dark blue pajamas now and I have no idea where my tux is. I'd better ask about that later on.

I examined the room and I find it quite nicely designed. There are paintings of nature on the wall and a potted tree at the corner of the room. There is also a big window where I can see a great view of the sky and of houses and trees. There is a study table with a matching chair at the left of me and there are two bookshelves with lots of books.

There is a big wooden cabinet in here too and I guess it is used for clothes. There's this mini cabinet by the side of my bed that can allow you to put an alarm clock on top. If they even had them here.

Everything was black and red. I'd have to ask Natalie about this color scheme or something.

There were two doors in this room. The one at my left and the one in front of me. The one in my left is probably the way out and the one in front of me is the bathroom.

How do I know this?

Because I can hear someone using the shower right now. And just like that, the door opened and my eyes widened as I quickly turned away a blush creeping to my cheeks.

I saw Natalie come out with only a towel wrapped around her body while little drops of water fell from her body. To any other guy, this situation must have been a huge chance.

For me? This is one hell of an awkward situation.

"Sorry. I thought you were still sleeping." she told me probably sensing my discomfort. I just nodded my head and I can hear her changing which only made me blush even more.

Hormones suck.

"I'm done changing." she quietly told me and I slowly looked up. She was wearing a simple silky black dress and black flats. Her dress fit well with her pale complexion and her tall height. Our height difference was just about two or three inches. And that was saying a lot since I was 5'9".

The dress also emphasized the curves of her body well. I forgot to mention, she had really nice curves. Oh god, I sound like a pervert.

I noticed her wearing a silver necklace with some kind of small pendant but I couldn't see it clearly. I vaguely remember her wearing that in the gathering before too. That necklace must be special.

"Uhm what am I doing here?" I asked her when I finally cleared my thoughts.

"We were supposed to go to your room when you kinda fainted on me so I carried you here instead. No, this isn't my room. It's for guests. I just happened to shower here because I was too lazy to go to my own room." she told me and I blushed.

"Sorry for making you carry me." I told her feeling ashamed of myself.

"No problem! You're very light you know?" she laughed at me and I pouted. Curse you my non-athletic body!! Curse you!!

"Do you want to head out to lunch already or do you want to take a shower first?" she asked me and I thought about that for a second. She did mention before  that I'd be meeting her family.

"I guess I better shower now. Do you have any idea where my tux is?" I asked her.

"My handmaidens are probably washing it right now. I'm sure there are a pair of guy clothes there in the closet so just feel free to chose anything you like." I nodded and went my way towards the closet.