One Long Night

Erron sat at a table, busy carving Mileena's name into a bullet. It was a very calm long night he and the others had got ahead of them and tomorrow they would be on their way to Athenia. He looked over to Thalia who was already asleep as the radio was playing an old fashioned tune that sounded very bluesy as he took a sip of the complimentary whiskey, the motel had offered.

As he sat admiring his new bullet, a lot of thoughts went running through his mind as his gaze drifted to Thalia.

'I may not be stoked on having a partner but she's very competent and obedient. Fuelled by her loyalty to Outworld and serving Kotal Kahn. Probably because of the times I've been kissing her pretty ass. Then again, where would she have been without me?'

His thoughts bought him back to their first meeting which was tense at first.

'I thought I'd take her by surprise. Turned out she was prepared. Such a clever girl.'

The gunslinger leaned back in his chair and began to polish his revolvers, getting rid of any dirty spots he could find.

'That girl sure has a terrible past about her birthplace. She did spend her baby days there until her dad got murdered. I've never seen her so broken up--No! I can't afford to go soft on her ever since I got her out of that saloon job. Otherwise she'd be out selling her body to rowdy men. Well I could tell not all saloon girls are soiled doves, seeing as she only sings.'

Putting his revolver on the table and taking another sip of whiskey, the mercenary walked over to a sleeping Thalia who was laying on her side. He gently moved strands of her hair, revealling her face and tucked them behind her ear, careful that he didn't want to wake her up. He laid down next to her on the bed and pulled the covers over as he placed the tumbler on the bedside table next to the whiskey and radio that had finished playing their last song for the night and drifted off to slumber. They've got yet another long journey to Athenia ahead of them.

"This ends our broadcast day. Goodnight."

'We've a long journey ahead of us.'