Chapter One

Sirens sounded outside Joe's window as he was falling asleep. He looked over at his small, black, digital clock expecting it to say a time around six or seven o'clock in the morning, but, instead, saw the digits of two forty-five a.m. To his distress, he now could not go back to sleep for the sirens, screeching of tires, and the rattling of fences kept getting louder and closer to his location. Releasing a deep, groggy groan, the lanky teenager slid out of his bed then stumbled to his feet to head over to his window, wishing to see what the commotion could possibly be. Joe's head stuck itself out the frame, only to see cop cars chasing something that was not a car... perhaps a person.

Joe ran a hand through his light blonde hair as he headed over to his desk to retrieve his laptop that was on its charging station until the next day. Turning it on, he pulled up the internet in effort to see anything recent on the news, perhaps something that might have been discussed bout the sirens that still got closer to his house. He scrolled through, but could not find anything, except that the criminal, Tavon O'Connor, has been let released from his time in prison. A picture of his mugshot had been uploaded onto the internet and Joe let out a long, sensual sigh when the photo pulled up. His father would disown him if he found out that his son was a homosexual and had a strong attraction towards a man with a criminal record and was two years older than him.

He pulled out his Bible and turned to his red bookmark which was placed on Galatians five-sixteen speaking, "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh." Joe could only let out a breath and leaned back in his chair. This was the only time he did not need to dress professionally, wearing his boxers, a tank top, and his hair spiked up from sleep. He ran his fingers through his hair again, but stopped in fright when there was a noise that came from outside his window. Quickly, he moved out of his chair only to grip his baseball bat with a death grip. Only now, had he realized that the sirens had shut off, but the crawling on the side of the house continued as did a small swear was spoken.

Joe pressed himself against the wall, waiting for the intruder to make its appearance. A shadowed body sprang through the opening and landed with a soft thud on the carpeted floor, but as he was getting up, Joe swung a decent hit at the side of the figure. A male groan hissed through the quiet room causing Joe to feel a good bit of remorse towards the man. "I'm not gonna hurt you." The guy spoke while still crouched on the floor. "I just need a place to crash for a few minutes." A beam of light caught both of their attention.

The unknown male sped up towards Joe, grabbed the bat and threw it on the bed, then pressed the smaller boy against the window's wall, avoiding the light. "What do you-," Joe was cut off by large hand covering his mouth and a light "shh" from the person in front of him. A small fixture of light caught on the face of the supposedly "harmless" intruder. A breath got stuck in Joe's throat when he recognized the man towering over him. The ever famous, Tavon O'Connor. His heartbeat sped up to where he thought he was going to have a heart attack. The man he was attracted to has him against a wall at this very moment... he thought he might be dreaming because this was too good to be true.

Tavon tensed, but soon relaxed when the light went off and the cop car drove off, giving up on the chase. He felt a harsh movement behind his hand before he realized that he was almost smothering the child then released his hand and giving the boy some room to move. Joe immediately moved to his chestnut desk and turned on the lamp that sat on the corner. Tavon took a while adjusting to the light, but when he did, he was feeling so many emotions at once. This was the boy he had seen around the town's High School baseball field when he passed it on his way to work. Tavon's eyes scanned the toned body before him that was hastily reaching for a covering, as if two men could not obtain a conversation when one is wearing near nothing.

"Do you mind?" Joe questioned as he put his night robe over his body to cover up what is never exposed to anyone, except himself.

"No, not at all." Tavon smirked at the younger boy and leaned seductively against the wall. "You know, I think you look better without that thing covering you up." His eyes wandered down the never ending legs of the bed-headed boy while biting his lip.