Pilot

January 27, my birthday
   I'm a fresh college graduate living in a totally unfamiliar setting. Eating in a totally weird restaurant. I just got here at least two hours ahead of the moving trucks. People are looking at me weird, this place seems like a tight knit community. I'm just sitting here eating my donuts peacefully but, they all keep glancing at me like I'm doing something wrong. The woman behind looks about my age. I think I'm going to turn around and say simple hi or maybe a "Hi I'm Lane I'm new here can you show me around?" No that wouldn't work that comes off as creepy. Oh well it's worth a shot life's all about taking chances right?
"Excuse me ma'am?" I said lightly tapping her shoulder. She turned to look at me.
"How may I help you sweet heart?" She says with an obvious fake smile
"Um, I was wondering where the nearest library is?" I asked swiping my red bangs from my face.
"Its on Burma Street, you won't miss it," she stated turing around ending our conversation. I stood up from my chair dusting off my pants and went for the door.
"Ma"am excuse me," I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see a tall boy about 5'10 towering above my 5"5. He had blonde hair tan skin and a chipped front tooth, just barely noticeable.
"Yes?" The strange boy held up my purse handing it to me.
"You left this at your table," he said politely.
"Oh my gosh, thank you!" I gushed "I would have been lost without it."
He smiled at me "No problem, I'm Xavier by the way."
"Hi Xavier I'm Lane I just moved here so I don't really know anyone here yet, so it's nice to see a friendly face," I said this glancing around the room at the unfamiliar stone cold stares of the strangers. As I looked around I noticed  how different I was from every body else they wore mostly neutral tones and I was wearing a Bright pink hoodie and light wash denim jeans. I shuffled my feet a bit looking at the ground not knowing what to say.
"Do you want me to show you around town?" Xavier asked me politely.
"Yes please!" I exclaimed breaking our awkward silence. Together we made for the door talking non-stop. Today was a pretty successful birthday, minus the late moving trucks. I don't care though Xavier was very nice and helped me find a lot of things I appreciate that.

AUTHORS NOTE~~
So that was the first chapter! I will try to keep up with this. Story often... I also will be writing it in diary format. This text will font is obviously authors writing. This text font is Lane's point of view or her writing in her diary. And this is dialogue. And this is the start of a new chapters font. So some chapters will be short and others will be longer! You never know ;) ~~ Flower💐