Chapter 1: The Begginning

Somewhere In September 2012 as a 12 year old boy in my first year in highschool, I started out trying to make money so that I can play in the internet cafe to be a Dota 2 pro gamer. I would go every weekdays after school at 5pm to the nearest internet cafe in order to play Dota 2 in Beta to practice becoming a pro Dota 2 player by spending 20 Phillippine peso (PhP) for a game of 2 hours which is equivalent to 2 Dota 2 games. As time past by in weeks I started to ran out of money, I was panicking because you cannot be able to play without money. One day I was turned down because I had no money at all to play Dota 2, I decided to take a walk in order to cheer up. I walked all over town seeing places I have not been or seen before, as I was walking around I saw my friends; Jericko, Kyle, Daryll and Wayne teaming up with a stranger against another 5 strangers in a 5 on 5 streetball game in the basketball courts. So I decided to head over in the bleaches to watch them play, while I was watching them play I see all my friends playing the game like they love it even tho they were short they can still manage to play well. My family forbid me to play or watch basketball due to my height from me genes from my family because they think that only tall people are suitable to play basketball from seeing players in the NBA in TV from their past life. 

So the game finished and my friends won the game then they recieved 20 peso each from winning, so I was wondering why they got money. I went up to Kyle and asked "Kyle how did you get 20 peso from that guy", he then told me "In a streetball match you have to bet 10 peso, when you win the game you will get 20 peso which is double the amount you bet". It got me wondering that if I should bet and play streetball  by breaking the rules behind my family in order to get money so that I can play Dota 2 in the internet cafe again. So I asked Kyle if I can play but they have to pay for me, then Kyle said "If we win you can have 10 peso from me for free", I was glad that he was kind for me to play with him by spending his own money. So Me, Kyle, Jericko, Daryll and Wayne went up to the referee and asked for a game then each 1 of us gave him 10 peso each, we then have to wait for an opponent to verse us on a 5 on 5. I felt really worried standing still because I had a feeling that 1 of my family or relative might see me play in the basketball court since its near my house. So 5 opponents came and bet 10 peso aswell, the game is starting I felt fear and nervousness within me because I dont know how to play basketball, the sport I was playing was Sprinting in track and field for a club at that time. The game has started with a jumball tip-off and we won the jumpball, Daryll had the ball then we all ran near the hoop. I postioned myself in the 3 point line then Daryll passed me the ball, right in front of me was an opponent. The opponent looked very good and he looks like no one shall not pass him, I tried to drive pass him without me thinking. He intercepted and stole the ball which made even more nervous on myself, he went down to his basket and missed the layup. Jericko grabbed the rebound then passed it to Kyle, Kyle then passed it to Daryll and Daryll scored in a open layup in a fastbreak. I cheered him on thenwe went back on defence, Daryll stole the opponents ball then I ran down the lane to the basket, Daryll passed the ball to me I went for an open layup with 2 hands. I scored but it got my friends laughing at me because of my funny layup, I laughed with them myself because I learned that is not how you layup. As the game goes on and we were winning by a few points my friends noticed my speed up and down the court, Darryl said to me "You're so fast going up and down the court". It got me thinking that maybe If I can use my speed from sprinting in the track and then applying it to basketball will make me a good player.

So we won the game then we all recieved 20 peso each from betting 10 peso which was double the amount we all had. I then gave 10 peso from the 20 I had to Kyle but Kyle refused and said " You can have it because you are my friend", I then said my big thanks to Kyle then we went to get something to eat with the others. As we were walking Darryl said to me "You can use your speed as your potential in basketball, you will be unstoppable when you Improve alot". We stopped at the local bakery near by and ate some chocolanay which is my favourite chocolate bread of all time, As I ate my chocolanay I was thinking maybe if I keep playing streetball I can earn alot of money to play in the internet cafe because I was still thinking about trying to be a pro Dota 2 player. After hanging out with my friends from school I went home, knowing that I will be in big trouble because it was dark out. When I got home my Dad shouted "Where have you been, it's late you know that its dangerous out at night!", my excuse for being late home was "I was in Darryl's house for a class project". I knew I was lying to my dad but he believed me afterall since it is based on school work. I ate my dinner then did my homework and after I finished I went on my laptop and watched some Dota 2 guides, after watching the guides I looked for tutorials on how to play basketball, It showed me different variety's from crossovers, layups, shooting and more. I started off watching the crossovers then the layups,  before I went to bed I texted Darryl to meet me at the courts at 6:30 am to help me practice. I went to sleep then while I was sleeping I had a dream,  It was me playing basketball very well and getting cheered from the crowd. It felt like being a professional athelte is way better than being a pro gamer because there are more people in the world that likes sport than the people that likes gaming. But it still did not discourage me to become a pro gamer.