[25] beach dorks

monday/ Lady Irene day:

"Boys? Are you two ready?" Aphmau asked, and the two boys nodded eagerly, in swim shorts with a temporary shirt on. I had my blue and black swim shorts on as well, and black shirt.

Aphmau was busy going over all the things for the seventh time, and I rolled my eyes. I walked up behind her and placed my chin on her head.

"Garroth, I know you're as light as a feather and as skinny as a pencil, but that's annoying." She grumbled, neatening up the contents of the bag.

"Then hurry up and stop checking Aph. It's the seventh time. At this rate, we won't even go." I say, and she flushes a light shade of pink.

"Alright alright. C'mon boys, let's go!"

•••

I watched as Levin and Malachi ran off excitedly, the sun beating down on the heated sand. The noise level coming from the beach was pleasant, due to the amount of people traditionally celebrating Lady Irene day.

When I say traditionally celebrating; I mean attending an annual Lady Irene Dedication speech, wearing grey cloaks and sacrificing food to send to the Wyvern Dimension.

Yeah.

Anyway, I offered to carry the heavy bag Aphmau was carrying, full of the stuff the boys wanted to bring. In return, she held my hand.

Despite me trying to recover from the events that went from zero to a hundred real quick last night; she held my hand.

This morning was unforgettable as well.

-Flashback-

I opened my eyes, the fresh rays of morning sun temporarily blinding me. For a few seconds I'm wondering why I'm lying on grass, and then I turn my head and feel a blush come to my cheeks.

Her smile accompanied the position she was in, nuzzled into my side. As I recalled the events of the previous night, her clean and comfortable body flashed bloody and beaten for a split second, and tears came to my eyes.

No.

I won't let anything happen to her.

I reluctantly take my arms off her, and wipe away the forming tears. She looked like just a small child when she slept, and I felt like I had to protect her from all the dangerous, wicked things in the world.

I wish I could.

"Morning Garr." Her eyes fluttered open, and she sat up. I sat up beside her.

"I promised we'd take the boys to the beach today. Let's go back before they wake up." She uses her fingers to comb through her hair, and I comb my fingers through her hair once. It's silky and soft.

She giggles and takes away her hands, allowing me to comb through more.

I twirl a strand of her hair around my finger, and slowly let it fall off. I look at Aphmau amd she's smiling, in her hazel eyes I see a reflection of me and my light blue eyes and sandy blonde hair.

"Aphmau, can I ask you something?" I say, my hand travelling up to her cheek and caressing it gently. She blushes lightly and gives a small nod.

Why are you so beautiful?

"Why did you so eagerly want to make me your friend?" My hand drops and lands on the grass, and she places her's on top.

"Because you looked sad and miserable. I wanted to change that." She smiled, and I noticed something in the reflection of me in her eyes.

"Hey, is there something in my eyes?" I ask, and Aphmau claps her hands together excitedly and a wide grin spreads across her face.