Meeting my BFFL

It was like a half school day, half orientation. 5th grade 101 they called it. You met your teachers, classmates, and the whole school community. I got into my teacher's line when they called my name. "Jack! Maisy!"
The name Maisy stuck out because it was so pretty. We followed our new classmates into the hallway and somehow Maisy had gotten in front of Jack. As we were walking she tried to make conversation but I was still a little shy. "This is a long hallway," She laughed. I nodded my head in agreement but I didn't want to talk to a stranger.
We had finally reached our homeroom class and we played some ice breaker games. She said a few more words that I couldn't remember and I still refused to make conversation.
The second day came around the corner. We were waiting for the doors to open in a big crowd. I saw Maisy come out of her car and jog over to my side. "I came over here because you were the only person I knew so." And by the end of orientation we were friends. I remember I thought she was annoying but then she grew on me. You know when you spend a lot of time together you start to act like that person. Thank goodness for that or else I think I wouldn't have been her friend!