one.

Laughter.

Smiles.

Joy.

These things were lost now.

Lost in an abyss of hatred and despair.

Not a gun, nor a rope could end your hell in Earth.

Was this truly what you deserved?

Your life being shattered into pieces?

Your prayers were answered, but with a side-effect you couldn't brush away.

-×-

"Who... are you?"

Typical Mike. Even after he just woke up of a come, he's joking as always.

Right?

"C'mon Mike! Don't play with me like that!" You smiled, eyes filled with tears, refusing to accept the thruth.

"Get off me, what the hell?" He roughly pushed you away.
"What are you doing here? Where the fuck am I?" Bombarded with questions you decided to back away. The white chair made a screeching sound as you stood up. A sigh escaped your lips. "Mike, please, stop. It's getting weird now." You placed a hand in his bandaged head, but he swatted it away.

"I told you, I don't know who you are! And how do you know me?!" She practically yelled.
"I'm... [y/n]... How could you not remember me...?" The last sentence came out barely a whisper.
Mike couldn't lie. Even when he was very confused as to where he was and who the girl was, he had to admit, she was rather attractive.

Using your right hand, you moved your hair out of face, your now dull [e/c] orbs being completely visible. Mike looked at them, getting lost in that dull pool of [e/c] he once adored.

What a shame though, he couldn't remember them.

"Look," He started, massaging his forehead in an attempt to calm down. "I have no idea who you are, okay? I'm sorry that I pushed you away or whatever, I just don't like getting all squished up by a stranger you know?" He laughed lightly, trying to light up the mood.

"Yeah... A stranger..."

-×-

"Yes. He woke up all of a sudden and apparently... lost his memory."
Telling what happened to a nurse seemed more easy in your mind.
The fact that he didn't remember you of course hurt, but you didn't think it would be that much.

In all honesty, you couldn't even feel at all. You got used to the pain.

-×-

Strangely... You felt at ease. Knowing Mike was alive was enough for a part of your misery to be lifted. You no longer felt like dying at all. You didn't want to throw your life to hell anymore. You now had a new motive to keep breathing.

And it was the same thing that held you down before.

Mike.

----×----

a/n: Finally! It was tine that I published this book jfc. I hope you enjoy it! If you haven't already, read the prequel to this book, Comatose, so you can understand better what's going on. As always, constructive criticism is accepted! [ No hating though, you'll be blocked. ] If you have any ideas of what you would like to see in the story, feel free to leave it in the comments! xx