CHAPTER I

DANCING bodies, moving hands, the beat of the drums making our hearts race, the heat coming off the floor and surrounding us all with the pure bliss that was letting yourself go. I loved parties for this reason - I could let myself go and have absolutely no one judge me about it. I'd just close my eyes and let the sound of the popish song guide me. And a very skilled pair of hands would help me along, too. Of course.

"Babe, I'm going to get a drink, alright? Want one too?" Tris asked near my ear, trying to outvoice the loud song.
"Sure." I answered back as loudly as he did, watching him nod and then vanish into the mass of bodies.

I closed my eyes back shut and smiled at the beginning of a familiar song that I loved. Cool For The Summer always got me in the right mood. But, as always, something's gotta get in the way of you and your favorite song.

A hand wrapped itself around mine and a raspy voice I knew very well came close to my ear.

"Where's Tris?" Brad asked, and I turned around to face him.

He looked hot, to say the very least. His navy blue shirt buttoned up to his chest, allowing a sneak peek of what was inside, black skinny jeans and black vans. His hair was sticking a little to his forehead, skin glowing in the dimmed light from the excessive heat.

He could be a tease, I'll tell you about that. But he was my boyfriend's best friend and that's why I always tried keeping my distance. Even if he seemed hell-bent on ignoring my attempts.

"He's out there grabbing us a drink. Why?" I was curious about why he'd come to me when he should be flirting with one of the many girls around.

But before Brad even answered my question, he squeezed my hand tight into his and started pulling me after him, making me follow to wherever he was taking me.

We walked through the crowd, trying to dodge all the moving bodies and finally, after a minute or two, Brad opened up a door and pulled me in, closing it and turning the light on. We were in a bathroom, and I was very confused.

I stared at the curly-haired boy in front of me and found him to be breathing heavily, his mouth slightly open, eyes fixed on mine. Those brown orbs that usually showed warmth and innocence were now intense and far from those characteristics. Just looking into him for that split second caused me to become completely breathless, a strange and foreign sensation burning in my chest.

"Brad?" I managed to get his name out, my voice low. "Can you tell me what we're doing in here?"

I got my answer in a very different way than expected. It wasn't with words. It was with a kiss.

And hell, what a kiss.

His lips were soft against mine, and yet I could feel the hunger and desire behind that softness. I'd never been kissed like that before, his hands roaming around from my hair to my waist and down my back. His skin felt hot against my palms, our breaths mixing.

My hands were also lost on his body, from the soft curls on the nape of his neck to his amazingly toned arms. Brad's shirt went up a little when he cupped my face inbetween his hands, and I couldn't help myself but to slip mine onto his stomach. I felt it become rigid under my touch, and with that a low, raspy moan fell past Brad's lips. My entire body was tingling from all the mixed sensations.

The curly-haired boy backed me until my back touched the cold granite of the bathroom counter, and he quickly placed me on top of it, finding his way into my legs and pulling me even closer. We barely even stopped our kiss through it all, and though I was running out of breath more and more I couldn't bring myself to stop.

Just when he was playing with the button of my shorts, a knock on the door startled us.

I pushed him off of me and jumped from the counter, my heart now nearly coming off my chest. It was only then that I realize what had just happened.