Birthday Gifts

Claire Bloom was a normal fifteen year girl. She was 5'4 with shoulder length black hair and pale skin. Her skin was covered with freckles and her emerald green eyes shined in the dark night.
Why do I have to do chores its my fricking fiftenith birthday Claire thought as she opened the trash can. She threw the trash away and was about to close the lid when she heard a noise.
"Hello?" Claire yelled as she walked into the road and stood under the street light looking down the road to see if anyone was there, but she saw no one. She turned around and swung as her friend and neighbor Derek Alwood stood behind her with a fake knife.
He fell spitting blood as he stood back up.
"Damn you Derek. You scared the shit out of me." Claire said as she realized it was her older friend from next door. Derek stood up and ran his hand through his dark brown hair. He smiled at Claire his teeth covered in blood and his dark blue eyes showing amusment.
"My teeth found that out." He said then laughed and spit up blood. "Damn where did you learn how to hit?" He asked jokingly.
"Forgot I'm a daddies girl. You honestly think he wouldn't teach me how to fight." Claire said smiling and relaxing as she stepped of the road and stood next to her friend.
"Claire come inside honey." Her mom yelled from the porch.
"Bye Derek." Claire said as she began to walk to the house. All of the sudden a hand grabbed hers. Claire turned and looked into Dereks blue eyes.
"Can't I come? I all ready got you a gift. It's wrapped and in your mail box." Derek said smiling.
"Of course you can. You're always welcomed in my house" Claire said as she began pulling Derek towards the house. He let go.
"Hey I will meet you up there." He said walking back down the drive way. She walked up to the house and looked back to see Derek at the end of the driveway reaching in the mailbox and pulling out a little box and stuffed it in his pocket.
Claire smiled and walked inside. A couple seconds later Derek walked in the house and kicked off his black nike's. He walked in the living room and saw her parents sitting on the couch with her little brother Brody.
" Hi Mr. and Mrs. Bloom. Hi Brody." Derek said as he walked over and fist bumped Brody recieving a giggle from the little boy. "I'm here for Claire's birthday brought a gift." He said as he pulled out the box and sat it down with the rest of her presents.
"She is getting ready. We are going to dinner after gifts if you would care to join us." Her mother said as she smilied at the sixteen year old boy.
Derek was already dressed up in a plain black button up with a black tie and dress pants. In this moment he was glad that he always wanted to look good for Claire. "Okay I will text my mom and tell her I will be home after." He said and then pulled out his phone and began texting his mother about the whole ordeal. He looked up from the phone to see Claire walking down the stairs in a strapless white dress and white flats. Her hair straighten except for a couple bangs that were curled and put off to the right side of her face.
"Ooo Claire your so Beauitful." Her mother said smiling and snapping pictures of Claire.
"You really are stunning Claire." Derek said as he walked over and helped her down the last couple steps.
"Thanks." She responded to him directly and then turned and repeated it to everyone else.
Brody brought her a piece of paper. "From me I made it." He said smiling. Claire turned the paper over it was a picture he drew of her and Derek in a hot air balloon that was shaped like a heart. Clarie and Derek looked at it and laughed.
He carried her another present that was long and said it was from her dad and mom. She opened it and saw a big survival knife with a black blade. She set it down on the desk near the stairs. Then he brought a little box that said from Derek. I opened it and inside was a 14 carrot diamond ring. I looked over at him and smiled.
A couple minutes later Claire, Brody, and Derek were sitting in the back of her dads camero on their way to a fancy resaurant called Heaven. It was the only actual restaurant in the tiny town of Mio, Michigan.
They got there sat, ate, and laughed. Well Claire's parents drank but not enough to not drive and time flew by.
They arrived home and every one went inside except for Claire and Derek.
Claire began walking Derek home. They got to talking about the randomest stuff like bands, colors, and animals. When all the sudden Derek leaned down and kissed her. There lips locked for only a few seconds, but for Claire it had been hours. Then her brothers bloodcurdling scream cut threw the air.
She broke the kiss and took off running. "Call the cops." She yelled at Derek as she ran towards her house. He started chasing after her pulling out his phone as they ran he dialed 911.
Claire charged in the house Derek was right behind her. Claries eyes darted around the living room searching for her brother. She saw nothing she walked over to the stairs and yelled for her brother. Derek walked up behind her.
"They are on their way. They said we should wait." He said putting a hand on her shoulder. Claire reached over and grabbed the knife she had just gotten for birthday.
"You can stay. I'm going to find my family." Claire said forcefully as she began marching up the steps. She didn't bother looking to see if he would follow, but he did. They got to the top of the steps and Claire screamed as blood was pooling under her parents bedroom door.
Claire grabbed the door handle and pushed the door and screamed for the second time that night as she saw her dead mothers body.
Her mother laided on the floor near her parents bed her throat tore open blood flowing from the fresh wound. Claire's mothers eyes were stuck open with fear and her hair matted the floor in blood.
Derek pulled Claires face into his chest and looked away from the mess. They stood there in shock when they heard a creaking noise. Claire looked up when she heard it. She looked around and found her parents closet door opening slowly.
Her hand gripped the knife tightly as the door opened and a tall man stepped out of the darkness in the closet.