Chapter 2; Dans POV

My alarm went off and I checked my phone. 10am. I guess it's time to get up. I swung my legs out of bed and headed for the living room, where Phil was already sitting, staring at the screen of the TV. "Hey, you're up early."

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night."

"Are you alright Phil? You haven't had a good nights sleep in over two weeks now."

"Yeah, I'm fine." He didn't seem sure, but I just had to take his word for it. "Have you got everything packed for tomorrow?"

"I think so, I'll do a double check in a while, you can help me if you want."

"Yeah, um, just come watch some TV with me just now, please." I didn't say anything further and sat down beside Phil. I'm going away to Hawaii for a couple of weeks with the family, since Phil went on holiday not that long ago with his family. I'm excited about going on holiday, but at the same time, I was feeling uneasy and didn't want to leave Phil on his own. Yeah, I'm being silly, he's older than me for gods sake. It just seems like he isn't himself lately, saying he's fine but I think theres something up. He won't tell me and I'm not getting any clues, but I need some time away to enjoy my holiday, Phil will be fine. I'm just worrying about nothing. Like always.

We sat for nearly the whole day watching TV, not doing anything productive. We both had checked my suitcase and everything I needed was there: my tops, shorts, chargers and various other items. I had to get up early the next morning to head over to the airport. I have to fly out to Manchester to get my mum and dad before flying to Hawaii. We decided to hit the sack early so we could both get up in the morning. Phil went to his room just like last night and the nights before, with that empty look in his eyes. Dan, stop worrying about Phil. He's fine, he's fine. You're just exaggerating because you're going to miss him. Remember, it's only for a couple of weeks, it's not as if you're. moving to live there permanently.

If I was, Phil would be coming with me, and there was no doubt about that.