A New Friend - A New Beginning

As you can see, I have been holding out on you, though the vast majority of my ideas are, sadly, incomplete. So, here is another short story for you to read and hopefully enjoy. On you go, my lovely readers!

Point of View: Third Person

Percy sits by the sea, looking out at it longingly. "I miss you so much." Percy whispers and pulls his knees to his chest.

"We miss you as well, dear little child of ours. We wish to embrace you again. We despise Poseidon for banning you from us. We want to help you." The waves answer back.

"I am forbidden to enter you or touch you or merely do anything with my remaining powers." Percy says in a heartbroken voice. 

"Your powers are still as strong as before, even stronger now that you keep training to keep your mind off of things. We are so proud of you, child." The waves tell him.

"Why me?" Percy sobs.

"We do not know, young one. We wish we could help you, but we cannot reach out to you at all to comfort you or you will be killed by Poseidon." The waves call back to him sadly. "But, maybe, there is another way. Will you trust us?"

"I will always trust you. I love you." Percy whispers through his tears and wipes them away.

"We will call to our friend. He is old and wise. He will help you. He knows of your betrayal and pain. He has been watching you with us for some time." The waves tell him.

A few minutes later, a man starts to rise out of the ocean and Percy stares up at the man. "Oceanus." Percy breathes, but doesn't back away in fear.

"Yes, little one. May I join you?" Oceanus replies kindly.

Percy just nods and Oceanus comes onto the beach and sits down next to Percy. Percy scoots away a little and hugs his knees closer. Oceanus sighs.

"I won't hurt you." Oceanus promises him. "How are you today, Perseus?"

Percy looks at Oceanus from the corners of his eyes and studies the Titan. "Not good." Percy answers shyly. "I haven't been able to bring myself to say this, but...I don't want to live anymore. Especially when I am forced to stay in this place. I hate it here and it just gets worse every day."

Oceanus looks at Percy sadly. "Well, I am sorry to hear that. What do you think will happen?"

"I honestly don't care anymore." Percy tells him.

"I didn't think you would." Oceanus agrees.

"So, you've been watching me from afar?" Percy asks.

"Indeed I have. Some things that I have seen them do to you and you do to yourself trouble me a great deal." Oceanus answers.

"Have you ever been stripped of almost completely everything? Everything you ever cherished or would protect with your own life?" Percy continues.

"Not as much as you have." Oceanus whispers.

It's silent for a long time. Oceanus reaches over and puts an arm around Percy, pulling him closer. "I'll be here for you, little one. So will the ocean. We all love you. Just come to us." Oceanus tells Percy softly.

Percy has tears streaming down his face at the feeling of the sea rushing through him at Oceanus's touch and his kind words. "Thank you." Percy says and leans into Oceanus.

"What is wrong, child?" Oceanus frets.

Percy shakes his head. "I can't believe I can feel it again." He starts to cry in earnest.