Sam's Town Tour - 16

Brandon's stomach hit the floor when he saw Maggie walking in with three unknown guys. He thought one of them had to be Nate, maybe she had changed her mind about breaking up with him, maybe he had convinced her to have one more try at things. He stood back and observed, while she introduced the guys to Marie and Ryan. She was smiling and laughing, looking happier than he'd seen her in a while. He knew she was looking for him, because she kept looking around, up on her toes.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Dave asked finding Brandon in his hiding place.

"Nothing, just looking," Brandon said seriously as he watched while Maggie introduced Ronnie to her guests.

"You up for some table tennis?" Dave asked, looking over to see what was in Brandon's eye line. Ronnie was beckoning them over and Maggie was waving grinning widely. Brandon had to steal himself, if she introduced any of these guys as her boyfriend, he would make his excuses and find a smoking place for a while before the show. Then he realised how selfish he was being, Maggie had to watch him and Susan. Although he wasn't sure exactly how Maggie felt about him. He walked over thinking he had to suck it up.

"Hey, there you are, I was looking for you," Maggie said smiling, making Brandon feel instantly at ease, "this is my big brother, Paul and his two friends Matthew and Evan," Maggie said proudly, grinning at Brandon.

"Pleased to meet you all," Brandon said smiling shaking their hands in turn.

"Pleased to meet you, Brandon, Maggie talks non stop about you," Paul said with a sideways look at his sister. Brandon smiled and turned in time to see Maggie glaring at her brother, making cutting actions at her throat.

"Really?" Brandon said and laughed, looking at Maggie, who quickly smiled at him and rolled her eyes.

"Well, I talk about The Killers," Maggie said with a shrug. Brandon tried to hide the disappointment in his face, although he didn't know if he pulled it off, because Maggie was staring at him with a sadness in her eyes.

"Maggie, do you play ping pong as well as cards?" Dave said pushing his curly head in between the crowd.

"She almost killed me once when I beat her. She threw her bat clean at me in a temper," Paul said laughing heartily at how he could embarrass his sister.

"That I could believe," Ronnie said with a grin.

"If you mean table tennis then I'll play, I don't play ping pong," Maggie said with raised eyebrows, making Dave laugh.

"You are on my team," Dave said handing Maggie a little racquet.

'You know that it is my team, right?" Maggie said as they walked over the table. Ronnie and Paul took up the other side of the table and made a show of whispering tactics to each other. Brandon watched from the side, interested to see how Maggie would play, although he knew her competitive streak would drive her. He wished he was in her team and she was whispering to him and standing next to him. He secretly checked her out bending over ready to play. He tried not to think about her naked in his bed, but his memories took over his mind. He stayed in his imagination until he was interrupted by his cell ringing in his pocket. It was Susan. His stomach lurched. He walked away from the game to take the call, causing Maggie to miss a shot as she was distracted by him. He heard Ronnie and Paul roar with glee.

"Hi," He said, dread filling him up at having to talk with her as if everything was ok.

"Hi, guess where I am?" Susan said in a sultry voice.

"I'm guessing you are not in New Zealand," Brandon said, feeling sick at the thought of her being close by. He did however feel a spark of hope that he could end things with her once and for all.