Ch. 1 First sight

Alex has always had this feeling about Zander that started a little bit after they met. They met in the third grade when he moved from Austin, Texas.

Alex- Hey.

Zander- Hi.

Alex- So are you new here. Uh. I'm so stupid of course you are new here because I haven't seen you before.

Zander- Its fine a lot of people make that mistake a lot don't worry, but yeah I'm new here I just moved here from Austin, Texas.

Alex- Oh well we're happy to have you here. Do you wanna sit with me and my friends at lunch?

Zander- Oh, really you want me to sit with you guys?

Alex- Yes. Why not, you're a new student here and you need some friends so come on come hang with us.

Zander- Okay, lets go.

After that Alex and Zander became best-friends.

The week went by fast.  By the time it was Friday Alex and Zander had became best friends. Zander was really looking forward to hanging out with Alex this weekend but, she had to march at the football game, she played the clarinet. Zander was excited that she had played and instrument because he has played a couple in the past. In the past years Zander has learned to play the piano, acoustic guitar, and he can even sing a little. So all throughout the game Zander sat and watched Alex play all the way to half time. Then it was her time to march, so as always she knew the drill. She began to march with the band onto the field. After they got into place for the last move, she fell. After the show she was really upset with herself for messing up so bad. It ended up being okay because Zander was right there to comfort her.

Two months had passed by it  was October. The only time of year that you can be who you want for one night a year and no one can judge you for it. So being Alex, she went as Sandy  from Grease and what was cute was that Zander dressed up as Danny. They had so much fun that night they didn't want the night to end. Eventually, it had to end sometime so when it was about 11:30 Alex said:

Alex- I should be getting home but, I had fun tonight.

Zander- So did I but, I wish this night could go on longer.

Alex- I know we can video chat or you can come sleepover and watch movies all night.

Zander-How, I am a dude and that will make your dad uneasy and he would kick me out because he wouldn't want a boy in his little girls room.

Alex- Well, my dad died about 2 and a 1/2 years ago, and ever since my mom hasn't cared what I do or who I hang out with.

Zander- Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to uh...

Alex- Its okay but, I still take care of myself anyway. So, now you can stay over, right?

Zander- Yeah, I'm sure I can I'll just have to ask my moms.

Of course, Alex had already known Zander had, had two moms but she didn't care she just thought two were better than one.

By the time it was midnight they were already watching things like Hocus Pocus, Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride, The Adams Family, and Casper.

Two weeks later it was November. Fall was around the corner and they both could not wait to hangout over thanksgiving break.

Things are going great for Alex and Zander and they had been getting to know each other a lot lately but, what if fate or destiny says other wise.

School was getting to boring to bare this time of year like usual but, Zander always made my day bright no matter what. We were at lunch talking about are life problems like we do everyday and see who's is worse but, today ended differently. A new girl, everyone was talking about it. All of the boys had to see how cute she was. Zander didn't care he walked with me to every class because we have the exact same schedule except he has construction instead of art fifth period.

The next day was so different it was scary. This new girl had taking a liking, a really big liking to Zander. I know I shouldn't be but I'm jealous. Why am I jealous were just friends right? I don't know anymore. Do I like him more than a best friend?