Chapter Nine

****Sexual Content****

"Kellin." Vic shook my shoulder. I groaned. "We're here darling." I lifted my head off the window. I stretched.

"How long were you driving?"

"A couple of hours." He pulled the key out of the ignition. I slipped out of the car, stretching as much as I could. When I looked around we were surround by trees. There was a homie little cabin that had it's own dock that lead out to the lake. I felt myself start to panic. I glanced at Vic who was playing with his keys and watching me with amusement. Suddenly I started to feel safe. Vic wouldn't let anything bad happen to me.

"Where are we?"

"My grandparents old cabin. Figured you might have some fun out here."

"How long are we staying?" I felt like a kid that got set free in Disneyland. This means I can kiss Vic whenever I want and he won't be worried about someone seeing us.

"Until Monday. Where I will have you back in time for school."

"I'm missing today."

"You were sitting in a tree anyways. I think I'm much more entertaining than a tree." He snaked his arms around my waist, holding me so my shoulder was in the center of his chest.

"I don't know. That tree was a lot of fun." He chuckled, kissing my cheek.

"Strike one."

"What?"

"You have three strikes before I'm taking you home."

"You're not serious." He shrugged.

"You'll just have to find out." He released me and started to walk towards the small wooden cabin. I wouldn't say that it was small. It probably fits four people with a generous kitchen and family room. I ran to caught up to him a he unlocked the door.

"So we have this whole place to ourselves?" I took off Vic's jacket and placed it on the arm of the sofa. Looks like I was right about the size of the house.

"Yep." Vic had his hands shoved in his pockets. He was watching me running my hands along the spines of the dusty old books on the wooden shelf. "It's been years since I've been up here. The last time I saw my grandparents."

"What happen to them?"

"They died like everyone wanted to. Holding hands with the one you love and falling asleep." I turned to look at him as turned on the fireplace. He wasn't smiling. It just looked like he was thinking too hard.

"Is that how you want to die?" He threw a log on the small fire that already started.

"No." He sighed, standing up and brushing his hands on his pants. "I want to die on my own terms."

"Suicide?" He shrugged.

"If that's what you call it."

"But what if you fall in love with someone?" He looked into my eyes.

"Then I'll stay for as long as I have them." My heart started beating faster as he kept our eyes locked. I slowly walked closer to him.

"Vic, you have to promise me that you won't hurt yourself. Please. You're important to me." He smiled.

"As long as your here." He walked into another room. What was that suppose to mean? I couldn't just come and ask if he was in love with me. That's ridiculous. And I couldn't come out and say I love him. That is just plain crazy. I jumped as arms wrapped around my waist from behind. "What are you thinking about?" Heat came to my cheeks.