Meeting the Parents

"I'm pretty sure they are gonna hate me, babe." He told me as we were walking to the store to get some stuff for dinner with my parents. They are meeting my boyfriend for the first time.
"They are gonna love you, I just know it. Just act yourself okay? Do what you do everyday." I told him. My parents will love him. "Laur, you know that's not gonna work out." Ross was telling me. "They like when people act themselves." I tell him

"Good to know"

--------

"Do I look okay?" Ross asks me, freaking out a little.
"Babe, it doesn't really matter." I tell him. "Says who was freaking out way more then me when meeting my parents."
"Shut upppp." I whine. "Make me!" he giggles. "You won't get kisses for a week!" I say, smirking. "WHAT!? NO WAY! I give up!" I laugh. "hey, you gotta give me a kiss now, baby!"
Is he always like this?
_______

"You ready?" I ask my worried boyfriend, we were about to knock on my parents door. I'm nineteen, I have my own place.
"No, but it's now or never. "

"Good boy." I gave him a peck on the cheek and knocked on the door.

"Hey honey! I was just finishing setting the table! Everything is all ready dear! I'll just go get your father and you can introduce us to this handsome fella!" my mom cheers. "Called you handsome, that's a start." I tell him as we walk into the house. He nods.
A couple minutes later, after Ross and my dad shook hands, we went to the table to eat.

"Mrs. Marano, this food is amazing!" Ross tells my mom as he smiles. "Why thank you, dear." Ross smiles a if he was saying 'you're welcome.'

"Hey Ross;" my dad starts, Ross quickly looks up, now listening to my dad. "Yes?"
"Have you and my daughter used the "L" word yet?" He curiously asks...why is this important? Ross looks down, like he's embarrassed. "No, sir. We haven't." he quietly says. I hold his hand under the table. He looks up to me, in my eyes and smiles. I love the way his eyes sparkle, it's adorable.

"Okay, just asking."

____

We were now in the living room talking. My mom and Ross were talking about something that I didn't really catch. And my dad was just looking at Ross, looking at the way he was listening. Trust me, my dad does this a lot to a lot of people. It gets quite annoying actually. "Hey, I got something to say. " I say, wanting to tell people about my new job. "Go on, Laur. " Ross tells me. "Well, I just got a new job! I'm gonna be working in the office for newspaper industries!" I squeal. "Oh my gosh, baby! I'm so proud of you!" Ross smiles at me, and stands up to hug me, I quickly take the offer. "That's amazing, dear." my mom says. "I'm proud of you, kid." says my dad, who is also in the newspaper industries.

As I was talking about my new job, Ross was staring at me. I love that he pays close to attention. And I also got a bigger apartment because I was thinking about Ross and I's future. But yet again, we haven't even said the "L" word.

"Well, we've better get going, right babe?" I ask Ross. "Yeah, of course." he replies.
I stand up and tell them I'm going to get an apple for the rode. My dad follows me; as soon as we get into the kitchen, he starts talking. "Laura, you know that you guys haven't said the "L" word yet?" he asks, "Yes dad, I should know what comes in and out of my mouth." I remark. "Why do you ask?" I look at him, clearly confused. "Well, he loves you. I can see the way he looks at you." My dad tells me. "How do you know?" I ask him.
"Because it's the same way I look at your mother. "

____________

On the way to my house, I was thinking about what my dad was saying; He loves me?

"Baby? We're here. "Ross pokes me. "Okay..." I say, getting out of his car. Ross gets out of his car and walks me to my door. "Ross, I want to tell you something." I say, he nods as if asking me to continue. "I think we should move in with each other. " good, got that off my chest. He looks at me, thinks a little. "I know it's weird, me asking you. But I got a new job, I'm moving into my new apartment this weekend and we've been dating for like 6 months now. " I say, wanting him to agree. He smiles, and-
_______

That's the last box, we just got done unloading the moving truck. My boyfriend and I, moving in with each other. Ah, loving life so much. I just feel like something's missing.
"Hey Laur, look at our balcony." Ross yells to me.

"Oh it's beautiful!" I say, looking at the view.
"Not as beautiful as you, baby." I smile. "Thanks Rossy."

"Um, Laur?" "Yea babe?"
"You know last week we we were meeting your parents?" I nod,
"Well, they got me thinking. And I know it's right," He says them slowly comes up to me and puts his hands on both of my cheeks.

"I love you. So much. " He says, eyes sparkling.

That's why dad says that, he loves me because of the way he looks at me. Just like my dad does with my mom. My dad's eyes sparkle too? Awe.

"I love you too."

It felt so good to say that.

Him meeting my parents wasn't so bad after all.

_________________

WHAT YA THINK? Voteeee, please and thank you. I WILL UPDATE SOON. but please, follow my new account, it's coming out with books. I posted the first one-shot. If you REALLY LOVE MY BOOKS, follow my new one.

KEEPING READING THIS BOOK TOO THO!

Stay Beautiful🎀
~Your Favorite👌