The End to a Beginning

History reveals that time and time again, man was naïve and understood nothing of the grotesque realism of the "Other World." Speaking in riddles and hiding all clues along with their hideous truth within the boundaries of this "Other World," which they called "The Hallow Realm." This place became sealed after they crossed the Boundary Line and destroyed the harmony of these two places. The only way they sealed the Boundary Line to the Hallow Realm was to poison the mind of a man every 20 years so that it may keep the seal whole and used as treaty between the denizens of both realms. The only way for this treaty to be broken is if the bloodline is broken or became resistant to their fate. The paranoia would then weaken the seal and release the "monsters" of the other world. A curse was placed upon the person that would bear the seal within them; to slowly decay the mind and be tormented.

The time of rituals and séances had long become a fairy tale and myth, but some believed in them. This only helped further the curse placed on the head of the seal, making it difficult to pursue everyday life. The century was a difficult one, where people became fearful of the "workers of the Black Book." This made it problematic for the bearer because if they did not complete the ritual on that night of the sealing, their mind would be ravaged by the possession of the denizens of the Hallow Realm. They knew if they did not keep their mind focused and stable, it would cause the wall of the seal to be scratched. The fact of the matter was, this made them unstable and scared.

The people that had watched what unfold that night was dumbfounded by it, so when they found the family responsible for it, they were burned. The people thinking that they were safe were quite wrong; the family that burned had made the flames become black then blue.

"Your malice will not go unheard, for our clan lives and we have chosen the bearer, it will be the mayor's own son, and then his child and his child's child. Make sure he is well, for the curse will..."

The last and final words of the head of the family were what echoed in the minds of the townsfolk. That was what happened; the mayor's son grew to only 17, becoming an outcast because of the curse. The time for the seal to be renewed became nigh, and no one knew how to perform the ritual. So the young man became engulfed by the curse placed on him since birth, he saw the people as the denizens of the Hallow Realm: a man with his eyes bleeding; a child with its face deformed; and a woman with her mouth sealed by thread, her chest bursting with ribs tearing through her back and sides, and her arms dislocated. His nightmare was becoming his reality slowly, but not only were the people transformed, but the entire world around him as well. He fell into a state of panic after a lake turned into a pool of boiling blood and pulsating organs, houses made of human skin on the outside and grotesque muscles on the inside, the ground laid with gravel had become skull fragments from humans and animals. Voices had become disoriented, laughter to screams of a banshee, talking to howls of pain and anguish. The townsfolk's clothes were human hair and decaying flesh, their accessories were chains of finger nails and tongues.

"The ordeal you go through was placed on you by your predecessor's foolish acts, deal with this and release this curse upon the world," said a demonic voice. The demonic voice sounded to the young man like an Angelic voice that spoke a sweet melody which relieved him. It was then his illusions of torment and anguish began to hurl from his skull, splitting him in half with blood lavishing the buildings and the ground as if it was part of an ornamental decoration.

With a loud thunderous voice, "You have been judged and you shall parish for eternity!"

The denizens of the Hallow Realm had been freed; the souls of the clan that was burned had been released because of the young man's frivolous and weak psyche that had given in to the illusions. Screaming from the town then began to fill the air, only to be replaced with his. Seeing that he was only lying underneath the Grand Oak on the riverbank, he sighed in relief. He plotted to remove the seal from himself and no longer be ravaged by the clawing of his torn nerves. He followed the path to the Forbidden Road where sat a house: looking at it, you would had thought someone was still living there. He searched around for a clue on how to at least delay the inevitable. The day ended with no luck; screaming not from the visions, but from his misfortune.