5

Rosie POV

I didn't see Luke after history class at all. It hurts to know that he's so mad at me.

But he hurt me too

I'm not mad at him I'm just sad because he didn't do anything to defend me.

As I'm walking to my car I realize I shut off my phone during my English lit class because we had a huge lecture and I didn't want to be distracted. I turned on my phone and I was flooded with text message after text message with a few Twitter notifications. Most of the texts were from my mom telling me she wouldn't be home tonight and that she left dinner on the stove. I also got a text from Luke!

"What the fuck?" I whispered to myself

I opened the message

Luke: 😁

Oh shit I didn't know he still wanted to see me! Shit shit shit. What the hell am I supposed to do. Do I call him or do I text him back.

I decide on doing neither of the two and just leaving the text message and not texting him back.

I feel so bad that I'm not texting him back but it's not like I don't want to I just don't know what to say.

Luke's POV

FUCK IT!

I remember Rosie telling me how she dreamt about a guy one day singing to her through the window. So I said fuck it I'm doing it. I mean I have a guitar and I can play it and I'm ok at singing so why not?

I grabbed my guitar and walked across the street to Rosie's house

It's 9 pm she's definitely still awake

I'm literally right outside her window. She has a latter hidden in the garage that I happen to know the code of so I took it and climbed up to her balcony. Yes I know she has a balcony it seems pretty cheesy but it works in my advantage. I slowly start to strum my guitar to the song I wrote literally yesterday. I wrote it because I needed to put my feelings on paper

I cleared my throat and started singing

Don't talk, let me think it over
How we gonna fix this?
How we gonna undo all the pain?
Tell me, is it even worth it?
Looking for a straight line
Taking back the time we can't replace

All the crossed wires,
Just making us tired
Is it too late to bring us back to life?

Rosie's POV

I'm thinking on what to text Luke back. Should I saw I'm sorry and tell him to come over for some ice cream and movies. Fuck you know what I'm going to his house.

I got up and put some shoes on and threw on a quick sweater. Luke's sweater.

I'm walking across the street and it's pretty dark if I'm honest. I climb up his house up to his window.

As I'm about to knock on his window I stop myself.

Should I really be here? What if he rejects me?

I knock.

Nothing

I knock again. Twice this time

Still nothing

It's only 9 pm why isn't he answering. I know he's not asleep.

"Luke, it's Rosie. I came to apologize. I'm sorry about what I said I didn't mean any of it I swear it! Luke?"

He hasn't answered and it's been like twenty minutes.

I tried. maybe he is asleep. I'll try to talk to him tomorrow.