CHAPTER 1: LONER

RIIING RIIING!

"Whew! The math test almost killed me!" Aria, my grilfriend said. Aria and I were childhood friends then became more than friends. We are already fourth-year highschoolers, we are both sixteen."Hey, why are you not reacting? Oh I see you're too smart for math!" she said. "N-no, that's not it!" I said, "I'm so proud of you, Gerard!" she said then hugged my arm. I was flattered, I was never complimented by someone like this before. 

"Hey Gerard, I was thinking to visit you today...Don't worry, I'll bring food!" she said. Aria's family are friends with my mom. They were so kind to us, they even granted me a scholarship for my mom has low income as a teller form a small bank. 

Mom and I lived alone... I did'nt get the chance to meet my father since he died before I was born.

"Hey it's raining..." I noticed. "Oh, Gosh... I forgot I can't go home with you today. My group has tons of cramming today! We'll finish our project here so see ya later! Oh by the way, can you buy me some tasty bread for mom? There's a bakery shop near our neighborhood. Thanks!" she said then kissed my cheeks. "Bye!" I said. 

So I went outside the school... It was really raining hard. 

I was already halfway to my house. Then I saw a girl about the age of 14. I supposed she' also from my school since she has the same school uniforms like Aria's, but I guess she's in second year highschool. She was soaking wet. She was standing near the bakery shop. Oh I remmbered I need to buy tasty bread. 

I approached the bakery. I looked at the girl. It's as if she was waiting for something. "Sir, do you have tasty breads?" I asked the baker. "Yes, we have..." . I bought the tasty bread. I was stil curious about this girl. "Uhm, Ms. are you waiting for someone?" I asked, she did'nt reply...

"Do you want some help?" I asked then she finally spoke up "Can you escort me to that restaurant?" she said. She pointed out to a newly opened restaurant across the street. It was a grandiose restaurant. But why would she go there when she's soaking wet? "Uhmm... okay?" I said.

I escorted her to the restaurant...then a well dressed man approached us "Ms. Jenny, why are you soaking wet? Did'nt you wait for your fetcher?" he asked the girl. Her name's Jenny...And wait why did he just addressed her as "Ms."?

"He was late. You know I'm impatient!" she said. "But you can't cross the street right?" he asked then looked at me. "I asked for help..." she blushed, oh it's not really a blush... It's her normal rosy cheeks. She was a pretty girl but her hair is quite messy. "Oh thank you, young man..." he said then added "Would you like something?" , "Oh, uhmm no thanks... I was just passing by and I was curious about her.", "It was very unusual of her to ask someone for help. Thanks alot young man..." he said.

As I went outside the restaurant...I saw the girl expression-less. She was shouted by a woman dressed up elegantly... Then the girl looked at me. Our eyes met... then she looked away.

I guess she's a rich kid after all...

I immediately headed home.

"Mom?" I called out. There were no replies... I guess she's still out. 

Hmm... I wonder if I could see that girl again since she's a student in our school too...

An hour passed then I heard a knock from the door... It was Aria.

"Oh, hey... Mom's not here yet. Come in...By the way I already delivered the tasty bread to your mom." I said. "Oh thank you..." she said.

I let her inside our small living room. "Come sit here..." I said. "Y'know there's this girl I met in the bakery... She was so mysterious..." And so I told her everything about the girl. It turns out Aria knew about the girl too. "She is in second year high school who just transferred... Many say she is really rich although she has no friends. She was always isolated." she told me what she know about the girl. "Oh that's sad..." I said. "Maybe we can befriend her?" I asked out of nowhere... what did I just say? "Huh?" Aria was surprised..."Well it's just that she looks so lonely..." I said "Oh, I thought you were trying to replace me... Haha, just kidding." she said.

"She's pretty though she looks really stubborn..." Aria added. "I guess I could try to befriend her too..." Aria said. 

"Should we befriend her?" I asked... "Oh, I'm so proud of you, Gerard. You're so friendly and all." then she hugged me. "Aria..." 

Is it tough to befriend a loner stubborn girl?