1

~*~
November

The annoying sound of my alarm interrupts my sleep as I open one eye and let out a groan.
I flop out of bed and make my way to the bathroom and start to brush my teeth, just then I hear someone knocking on my apartment door vigerously.

I walk down the hallway and slowly open the door wondering who it is.
I see Reneisha my best friend standing at my door step, with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh my God your not even dressed yet!" Neish squeaks.
"For what?" I question her not knowing what she is on about.
"Your job interview!" She shouts.
I curse under my breath and run straight back upstairs to the bathroom and dispose of the remianing toothpaste in my mouth.
"Neish pick out a good outfit please" I shout, I hear her mumble something in response whilst walking up the stairs into my bedroom.

I hop in the shower quickly washing everything but my hair as I have no time to deal with that.

I rush back into the bedroom in my underwear and see a black pencil skirt with a white blouse on my bed.
"Thanks" I say as I carelessly button the blouse up and pull the pencil skirt up.

"Heels or flats?" I ask her
"Already sorted" Neish lifts up one of my pairs of heels with little bows one the front. I smile and take the shoes from her.
I grab my handbag and rush out of my apartment, with Neish following behind me.
"Hey I'll drive you " I hear her say from behind me, I turn to face her
"Are you sure?" I question her.
"Just get in" she ushers me into her Nissan juke.

~*~

"I'm so nervous" I say as we pull up towards the office, I really need this job, I'm a part time student with bills to pay, I spend 3 days a week at work and then the rest studying for my finals, well that's my plan anyway.

"Youll be fine, now show em what your made of sister" Neish says enthusiastically. I giggle and get out the car.
I take a minute to compose myself before taking a deep breath, its time for me to hopefully get this job.

I walk into the building to be greeted by a receptionist, who is a small looking male, black American just like me. I give a small smile before speaking
"Hello, I'm here for a interview with Mr Hamleton" I try to sound professional.
"Ah yes you must be Miss Narla Claire?" His voice is deep for such a little man.
"Yes" I answer
"Just take a seat over there please he will be with you shortly"
I nod and take a seat on some really comfy sofas. I take in the amazing decor of this company, a theme of purple and white cover the walls and modern looking furniture to match it.
I send a quick text to Neish who is probably with her boyfriend, Toby. They have been together for a number of months now, almost a year. I think he might be the one to be honest.

I hear a door open and I look up to see a tall guy standing in front of me.
"Miss Claire?"
I stand up and shake his hand.
"Pleasure to meet you" I say.
"Indeed, I do have to let you know that Mr Hamilton isn't actually in today, so I will be interviewing you" he explains.
"Thats fine" I smile.
He gestures me into the room and the interview begins.

About half an hour later we are done, after being interrogated about my CV and previous experiences with work I decided to go and relax and go for a drink.
I dial Neish's number on my phone and wait for an answer.
"Hey! How did it go?" Neish's bubbly voice fills my ears.
"It went okay, they said they would get back to me in two days" I repsond

" well that's a good thing isn't it? At least they are getting back to you"
Neish has always been a optimistic one.
"Guess so, hows you and Toby doing?" I ask.
"Fine, actually I forgot to mention I'm going to his parents house for dinner so I can't see you tonight, maybe another day?"
"Sure" I try to sound okay even though I'm not, yes I have a lonely life and Neish is like my rock, I love spending time with her but it's okay, as long as she's happy.
"Alright then see ya, oh and let me know what they say!"
"Okay" I chuckle, I hang up the phone.

I manage to find a bar called shakers, it looks good enough for me so I venture inside.
I feel the warm air off the heaters as soon as I walk in, I let out a sigh as its just so damn cold outside.

I walk up to the bar confidently, hoping that they don't ask for my ID as I left it at home.

"hey can I have a vodka and tonic please?" I ask the bar attender.

He gives me a swift look "do you have any form of ID madam?" he asks. Damn I think to myself.

" um no not at the moment, but I can tell you now that I'm over 21" I give a nervous laugh.

"Sorry, no ID no drink" he shrugs.

"I'll buy it then" I hear a husky voice say from behind me. I turn around to see a man that looks mid twenties, very tall and he has some pretty nice muscles on him too. I give a bitchy smile to the bartender before I see the guy give him a ten pound note. before I know it the smell of vodka fills my nostrils as my drink is shoved in front of me.

"thanks" I nod at the stranger and begin to walk off.

"um I think I deserve at least a little chat with you instead of a petty thanks" he raises a eyebrow.

I look at him weirdly for his slightly rude words and sit down at his table.

"so where you from?" he asks.

" Manhattan, You?" I ask as I study his formal attire, the blue shirt he is wearing with some tailored trousers, he looks like a business man.

"Same, although I've never seen such a pretty little girl like you before" he implies.

"ill have you know I'm not a little girl" I scoff,

" you sure about that" he leans in closer with a smirk. I take a moment to study his arrogance.

"I'm pretty sure, I don't normally hang around with little boys. maybe that why you aint ever seen me" I smile evilly and down my drink.

"oh is that so?" he licks his lips and turns around to the bartender.

"another one for my lady friend" he ushers.

"oh no I think I'm done here, I'm not a big drinker" I go to get up, he touches my arm

" loosen up a little, you could give me a fun time" he smiles, I then sit back down to be locked in under his confident stare....

Hey guys,

so this is the first chapter and I hope you like it, its just  little look into Narla's life.

Vote and comment!