Chapter 22 Dusty Books

Am I done? Will I meet this mystery person soon? Is it all over?

Thousands of questions ran through my mind as I touched Niki's hand. The list glowed more than it ever has. I pulled it out and a bright golden arrow was pointing to the back of the paper. I turned it over as I stared at the words.
'What is most precious to you?'
This question was easy! I looked at the paper and said it.
" My mother. "
Nothing happened. Complete steadiness. That's when my teacher walked in and asked me to take a seat. I sat down and thought about what the question meant.
Would it mean as in objects? Something that you actually have. Hmm...
" Terra! "
I snapped out of it and shifted my eyes towards the front of the classroom. My teacher was glaring at me.
" Sorry! "
Everyone let out a little laugh as I sighed. The bell rang and I stood up and walked outside.

As I made my way to the front of the school, I kept hearing little nibbling noises. I snapped my fingers.
" Charlotte! "
I ran outside. A small brown cottage caught my eye. I stopped and walked towards the house. I opened the door slowly and poked my head inside.
" Hello? "
My voice echoed back and forth against the walls. I took a step in and the door closed behind me.
" No going back now... "
I told myself.

Walking around, I spotted a light. I followed the light and saw a desk. The desk was full of papers and writing materials. I approached the desk and saw old newspaper clippings, magazines, and documents. After digging through the pile of papers, a giant book appeared. It was torn up and was all dusty. Picking up the book, I blew off the dust and opened it. My eyes widened at the words put down on the page.