Chapter one

A dim light appeared outside the cage Courage laid in sleepily. Suddenly Courage was awoken abruptly,"Oi wake up you swine," yelled the dungeon guard. *Groan* was Courage's reply to the Guard's command as he was pulled up."It's time for your bath," the Guard laughed at Courage as a barrage of cold water came crashing down on his scalp. After his hair was completely drenched, the Guard passed him a dirty old rag that looked like it had been completely burnt. A loud shout came echoing throughout the dungeon then followed by a rush of footsteps coming down the stairs. A grenade like object fell at Courage's feet tapping them lightly. A sudden rush of air came gushing out of the object knocking Courage off his feet and blowing out the only torch supporting light. Darkness covered the room as footsteps were heard, "Hey, who's out there, show your self now." yelled the Guard blindly into the darkness. Courage heard a loud thud as a bright light entered the room around him. When Courage's eyes focused he realised the bright light was coming in from a hole that had just crumbled from the ceiling. He also noticed cloaked figures entering from the hole that had just appeared. In the corner of his eyes Courage saw a figure sneak up behind him, before he knew it the whole world went dark.

Hope was hiding beneath the darkness that covered her waiting for the guard blocking the entrance to move. Hope heard another guard in the distance yell something too muffled for her to understand it. Immediately the guard in front of her started to move, giving Hope the chance to silently move over to the entrance. Quietly Hope worked on the lock that held the gate closed. She Heard a click after trying for the second time and moved into a patch of darkness near the wall over on the other side. Once she had a clear view of the area around her she spotted two guards at the entrance of the chapel. Hope quickly scattered through the ground around her and found a pile of pebbles lying beside her. She then grabbed a pebble and threw it into a patch of darkness in front of the entrance instantly startling the two guards. " Hey, who's out there? mildly yelled one of the guards as he started to move slowly towards the noise. Hope then grabbed another stone and threw in the same direction again. The guard started to move faster and while he did Hope pulled out her bow and started preparing it.

A screamed was heard then a thud came shortly after. This entirely frightened the second as he stood there in terror. "Come..out..now," the guard stuttered In horror of not knowing what was going on. Quietly, while the guard was looking into the darkness, Hope moved behind him and pulled out blunderbuss and quickly pulled the handle down over the guard's head. The guard immediately lost consciousness and slumped down the ground.

Quickly Hope moved towards the door and started to pick the lock that presented itself. "Getting in there soon are we," an unknown voice said to Hope as she turned around to catch a glimpse of a tall slender man dressed in black leather suit, before the whole world went dark.

Very slowly Courage awoke in a brightly lit room with a few blurred figures. Once his eyes had adjusted he could see that the figures were the ones who broke into the dungeon." Where am I?" Courage asked the cloaked figures as they stood there In silence. None of the of them seemed to care about what Courage had asked them, which left him with disappointment. Courage heard a door lock click open as a tall slender man dressed in black leather entered the room. Courage also noticed that the figures looked directly at the man once he entered the room so he quickly assumed he was their leader of some sort. "Who are you?" Courage asked the man as he made his way directly in front of him.
"My name is Whisp, pleased to be your acquaintance," the man replied back towards Courage.
"Why am I here?"
"You have been taken to this area to be asked a simple question."
"So, what is the question?"
"I have been seeing the way people beg on the streets for money or even a place to stay, and I've seen innocent men killed just for asking the government questions." For some reason Courage noticed a slight pause just before he continued "So I've decided to fight against a government who has created a country that has become impossible to live in."
"So, what does this have to do with me?" Replied Courage.
"I've seen you out on the field and I've seen the caring look in your eyes when you've see the less fortunate, so I've decided to ask you to join my revolution."
"Yes, I will."
"Well that's great," Whisp replied while clapping his hands.