Awakening

Within a few minutes, we had the 1st floor locked down. Our virus detectors read 100% contamination, but there was no signs of the t-virus at all.

"Crimson and Rift, take the elevator down to the sublevel 7 and see what you can find," ordered Puma.

"Yes sir,"

The building's first floor was flooded. I could only imagine what the sublevels looker like. As we approached the elevator, the air seemed to get more smoggy. I turned on my flashlight when we turned into a dark hallway. The walls were stained with blood and there was a few holes in the vents on the ceiling. The elevator was just ahead.

"Hey Crimson, look the panel has claw marks. What do you think did it?"

"I don't want to know. Lets just get this over with as fast as we can. I don't have a good feeling about this", I responded.

The panel was severely damaged. It had three large claw marks down the middle. I took the panel off and tried to rewire the system. The whole thing was barely holding together. I finally managed to at least open the doors to the elevator.

"Holy Shit!"

I looked at what Rift was pointing out.

There were headless bodies hanging upside down in the elevator. One was ripped in half.

"Puma, we found something," I radioed.

No answer.

"Puma?"

"Lets keep moving, we are probably out of radio range," said Rift.

I went into the elevator, and tried to turn it on. It didn't work. Rift and I climber on top of the elevator using a the vent opening in the middle of it. I clipped myself to the wall and so did Rift. "Race you to the bottom!" he said. Then he instantly cut the cord holding the elevator. It plummeted like a rock. Rift and I jumped off the wall and dived down headfirst into the elevator shaft.