When I First Saw Him

There he is. The most perfect gem in the world. A true work of art. My one true love. Caleb Johnson.

I look over at him across from the lunch room. He talks quickly and laughs. I can't tell what he's saying, but I know it's something good. I wish I was there listening. Listening to the stories of his wonderful times at school and at home. How he forgot his homework or failed his test. Caleb is just so perfectly imperfect.

And we'll me... Well I'm just as average as you can get. I have blonde short hair and big black square glasses. My face is kinda an oval shape and my voice is low, but not too low and kind of raspy. I'm just as typical as you can get. I play football with my brothers and overall I'm kinda boring. I try to be funny, but I never am. I always end up failing and everyone just stares at me with the did-you-really-just-say-that expression on their faces. Everyone thinks I'm annoying. Oh and my name. My name is Cody. Cody Eaton.

When I first saw Caleb was the first day of school. He has brown short hair and was in my homeroom. His face is round, it reminds me of a tomato, a cute tomato. Well, minus the red. I immediately knew I wanted to be his best friend, maybe even more than friends.

"Hey what's your name?" I shouted to him.
"I'm Caleb. I just moved here from Florida."
"Cool" 

I hope he couldn't tell I was nervous. This was our first conversation, and I hope many more to come.