part 1

Delilah's p.o.v

    Hi, my name is Delilah Irwin. I'm 17 and I have an older brother. His name is Ashton. We rely on each other. Most people hate their siblings, but he's all I have. Our parents died in a car crash when we were little. I don't remember what happened, because I acquired amnesia. I lost the past 4 years of my memory. So I only really remember Ashton. We had no close relatives, so me and ash were put in foster care till I was 12. Ashton is a really protective brother, because our foster parent beats us. James lost his wife to cancer one month in the spring. So if we do anything wrong, he hits us with a belt reapidly. And according to doctors, I have "severe depression", but you would be depressed too if you went through what we have.

  Today is Ashton's birthday. He's turning 21. He can finally be my legal guardian, and we can move out of that hell hole by next week. James is relieved, but the feeling is mutual. For Ashton's birthday, he wants to go to Brisbane. They have this hotel with a really cool water park. Since we live in Sydney, it's gonna take us a while to get there. We leave Friday afternoon, and we'll be gone till next Monday. 

     °Wednesday morning°

When I wake up, I go to Ashton's room to wake him up. "Ash wake up" I say walking in his room. He just moans and covers his head up with his sheets. "Fine, have it your way." I say as I walk down stairs, and get a cup of cold water. I walk up back to his room and warn him one more time. "Ashton Fletcher irwin. Wake the fuck up." Nothing. So I through the cup of cold water at him. "WHAT THE FUCK DEL!?!?" He screams as he shoots up out of bed "you had to get up some way." I say laughing. "It's not funny, I think I shit myself!" He say over dramatically. "Well maybe next time you'll get up" I say walking back to my room. I might as well get dressed now. I put on my loose, white, flowy tank top that my best friend Michael wrote "idiot" on the back of, my black skinnies, and combat boots. I do my makeup, then grab my phone and head downstairs. But on my way down, James grabs me and pulls me into his room. He throws me against the wall and starts to kick, and punch me repeatedly. "ASH, HELP!!" I yell as I fall to the floor. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER!" I hear ash yell as he pulls him off me. He starts to punch James, and then James hit him in the nose. I grab my phone and dial 911. A few minutes later, and ambulance showed up along with cops. James got arrested and now me and ash are on the way to the hospital.

      °At the hospital°

    So it turns out, ash broke his nose, and I fractured three ribs, and broke my wrist. How I broke my wrist? I don't even know. I must have landed on it or something. But now Ashton is my legal guardian, and we are on the way home.

       ° at home °

   When we get home, I decide to take a shower. I go upstairs to my room, and turn the shower on. When I get done, I put on my nirvana muscle tee, and some shorts. I head downstairs to find Ashton alone at the table in the kitchen. "Hey ash" I say grabbing an Apple and sitting down next to him. "Hey..." he says sounding down. "What's up?" I ask him. "Oh nothing, you just got beat the fuck up, I almost killed James, we have school tomorrow, I have an exam, the world is shit, and I'm eating a banana." "Wow, well I'm sorry" I say looking down at his bracelets. Wait- he hasn't worn bracelets since he stopped cutting. "Hey ash?" "Yes del?" He asks looking up from his phone. "Have you....you know......been cutting again?" I ask quietly. He slams his phone down, walks upstairs and slams his door closed. I'm just sitting here, looking at his now shattered phone.

A/n: hey! I hope you liked the first chapter! I'm starting this new book called "the boy with blue hair" check it out! Bye!!!oh, Delilah top